AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Intake, Headers and Exhaust (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/intake-headers-exhaust-25/)
-   -   a4 intake suggestion (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/intake-headers-exhaust-25/a4-intake-suggestion-137860/)

imaud! 08-30-2009 10:54 PM

a4 intake suggestion

i got a 2001 a4 2.8L.i wanted to do engine work and needed advice on what type of intake i should get. i was thinking of K&n but im not too sure..somebody help me out

shortyxc 08-31-2009 05:37 PM

You could always do the airbox mod or make your own intake. There are plenty of companies that make intakes if you are looking to buy one.

imaud! 08-31-2009 08:29 PM

im looking to buy one so what would be a good intake for my car. im looking for a difference in the way my engine sounds and an increase of hp.

shortyxc 08-31-2009 08:52 PM

Check the noob guide for more info, but an intake will not give you any power gains, especially on a 2.8. K&N has some as well as some other companies, so just search around and you will find some.

ttitup 10-12-2009 09:55 PM

intake wont give any power gains? are you referring to his car and engine, or to all cars? if your comment is toward all cars, i am heading to the porche and audi place to get my dyno sheet for the evoms intake i just put on and scan it for you... %7 increase ion bhp and torque..... only have the intake thats it.

das-audi-man 10-13-2009 03:39 PM

I just got an intake off eBay it was like 50 bucks for my 01 A4 2.8. I’ll let you know if I feel a gain. As for intakes go I know we don’t drive ricers but as far as I know most manufactures don’t make their intakes as free flowing as possible for fuel efficiency and so on. I don’t see why Audi would be any different.

Stevenw83 10-17-2009 03:19 AM

I just put an intake on my 97 2.8 and def felt more power than before. The only problem is its not as loud as i thought it would be:D

das-audi-man 10-19-2009 11:16 AM

i bought this one off ebay
it works good but it came with this weird plastic piece that goes around the filter i just threw it away

das-audi-man 10-20-2009 03:58 PM

The filter that came with mine is also a little small it seems. The pipe is good but i think it needs a K&N stuck on the end. Also i have seen people angle theirs down into the engine bay i have mine angled more towards the hood. Does anyone know which is better?

shortyxc 10-23-2009 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by ttitup (Post 1138603)
intake wont give any power gains? are you referring to his car and engine, or to all cars? if your comment is toward all cars, i am heading to the porche and audi place to get my dyno sheet for the evoms intake i just put on and scan it for you... %7 increase ion bhp and torque..... only have the intake thats it.

My comment was in reference to the OP's car specifically. The OEM stock airbox on his model of car is quite good, which in turn results in very little, if any, gain at all in power. On the newer Audi A4s and different models such as your 08 TT, intakes have been shown to have significant gains.