Intake, Headers and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

B5 1.8t

Old 01-31-2010, 11:06 PM
1st Gear
Default B5 1.8t

Hey, Im looking to just put a muffler on my car. Any good brands? Would it make a huge difference on the sound?

Old 02-15-2010, 11:57 AM
1st Gear

I have a Borla exhaust on my 1.8t. Sounds awesome. It's techtonics piping with Borla mufflers because Borla doesn't have the entire setup for FWD but essentially is the Borla sound. I love it. It doesn't sound ricey at all. Nice deep rumble. At idle it's pretty quiet, you could tell, but not that much. But when you drive it's definitely noticeable. Here's a video of my car with the exhaust. I took the video like a day after I got it installed so it's gotten a bit louder since then.

v=PUQDlK6zLkshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUQDlK6zLks

Old 02-23-2010, 08:13 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by juice98a4
I have a Borla exhaust on my 1.8t. Sounds awesome. It's techtonics piping with Borla mufflers because Borla doesn't have the entire setup for FWD but essentially is the Borla sound. I love it. It doesn't sound ricey at all. Nice deep rumble. At idle it's pretty quiet, you could tell, but not that much. But when you drive it's definitely noticeable. Here's a video of my car with the exhaust. I took the video like a day after I got it installed so it's gotten a bit louder since then.

v=PUQDlK6zLkshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUQDlK6zLks

What setup did you run? i mean i know its a borla but what type of muffler and did you eliminate any emission/sound suppression parts?

I'm a bit of a newbie with a decent budget for my exhaust.

Also, has anyone thought of changing out their down pipe/test pipe for a straight pipe?

Old 02-24-2010, 11:21 AM
1st Gear

http://www.awe-tuning.com/pages/shar...IL=b5techtonic

This is the setup I ordered from AWE Tuning (FWD version) but yea it says it all in the link. 2.5in stainless steel with Borla mufflers (don't know exact model; if they even make different models ). And no I didn't remove anything to enhance sound or anything like that. The sound from the vid is produced by whatever came with the kit. But also consider that on top of the price shown you have to buy an exhaust tip as well. The one I got cost $140 (cause I wanted dual tip, muffler only has one outlet pipe) because it has venturis in them - they make the exhaust quieter, don't know the science behind it, but they do.) otherwise they have the same tip without them which I guess would make the exhaust a little louder.

Old 02-24-2010, 09:05 PM
1st Gear

i have an 01 1.8t a4 and i have a test pipe (no cat) and the borla exhaust. the borla exhaust has two mufflers like the stock set up so what i did is replaced the front muffler with a strait pipe and left the rear one on with the tips and wow i love the way my car sounds its pretty loud and has that german race car sound its sex!

Old 02-24-2010, 09:30 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by jjcrt2
i have an 01 1.8t a4 and i have a test pipe (no cat) and the borla exhaust. the borla exhaust has two mufflers like the stock set up so what i did is replaced the front muffler with a strait pipe and left the rear one on with the tips and wow i love the way my car sounds its pretty loud and has that german race car sound its sex!
Any chance we can get a sound clip?

Old 03-30-2010, 07:11 AM
2nd Gear

I've got a 01 1.8t, atp test pipe, no resonator, and a flowmaster 50 series...sounds AMAZING! No honda buzz

Old 03-31-2010, 02:52 PM
1st Gear

did you just slap on the muffler? any exhaust tips?

Search this Thread