Intake, Headers and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Best sounding A4 exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 05:41 PM
Default Best sounding A4 exhaust?

Looking for an exhaust for my 02 1.8T thats as far from ricer sounding as possible (cant stand that sound lol) with a 4 cylinder engine..

Anyone with personal experience id greatly appreciate some help! lol

Old 08-29-2007, 10:55 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Best sounding A4 exhaust?

any exhaust will sound good due to the turbo, but seriuosly they all sound good, dont worry unless you seriously mess up it wont sound like a honda(no offense), i got a 3" cat back custom with a magnaflow muffler sounds low and good and at no point does it crackle or high pitch. id post a clip but im too lazy...

Old 08-30-2007, 01:28 AM
3rd Gear

If you search you will find videos showing differnt exhaust setups! Or theres YOUTUBE.com maybe you have heard of it?

Old 08-30-2007, 04:02 PM
1st Gear

i put neuspeed cat backs on mine and they sound perfect! check out my cardomain page for the youtube vids man

Old 09-01-2007, 11:50 AM

Yeaa i know ive checked out youtube before and got some ideas but nothin on there sounds great and i think that has to do with the fact that its recorded obviously.. i was seein if anyone had input from actually hearing it in person

Old 09-01-2007, 01:22 PM
3rd Gear

Ive heard Miltek and APR sounds good.... Ask around some more

Old 09-02-2007, 02:27 AM
1st Gear

i've heard both miltek and neuspeed in real life, and it depends on what kind of sound do you want?

Both of them will give you the nice low european growl, but the neuspeed one is currently better built and is louder by a couple decibals. So if you want a better quailty and more sound then you should go with neuspeed. Otherwise you could go with milltek

Old 09-02-2007, 10:20 AM

ORIGINAL: ocadam

Ive heard Miltek and APR sounds good.... Ask around some more
By chance do you know which of the apr exhausts it was?.. cuz i know they offer the stealth exhaust & also a sport exhaust..

Old 09-02-2007, 10:22 AM

ORIGINAL: lazyjayz

i've heard both miltek and neuspeed in real life, and it depends on what kind of sound do you want?

Both of them will give you the nice low european growl, but the neuspeed one is currently better built and is louder by a couple decibals. So if you want a better quailty and more sound then you should go with neuspeed. Otherwise you could go with milltek
Yeaa i just really dont want it to sound like a ricer i cant stand that.. as long as it has a nice low growl like youre saying im sure id love it as long as its a quality product too

Old 09-02-2007, 02:43 PM
3rd Gear

I cant recall which exhaust i heard.. But before you get to picky with these exhaust you should look at the price tags! The APR is the cheapest and all i have heard is good reviews!

Quick Reply: Best sounding A4 exhaust?