AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Intake, Headers and Exhaust (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/intake-headers-exhaust-25/)
-   -   Bunch Of Questions On A S/C, Exhaust, And Engine Build (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/intake-headers-exhaust-25/bunch-questions-s-c-exhaust-engine-build-121954/)

carguyno1 01-02-2009 06:06 PM

Bunch Of Questions On A S/C, Exhaust, And Engine Build

I'm putting all my questions about the build in one thread to make it easier. Hope that is alright. I have a 98 A4 V6 Quattro. I am looking at a full high performance engine build. I heard the bottom end of these engines can be brittle when pushed for more power. Is this true? Also. Does anyone know a company that makes cams for this engine. I haven't had any luck. So what would be better. Rebuilding my block and putting a 3.0 crank in it? Since the company that makes the G2 - 3 S/C won't write me back. Does anyone know if the G3 will fit on my block or... buying the S4 short block from Eurospec with the 4 bolt billet mains and stud girdle with the G3 a better alternative. The reputable shop I am going to have do the build will take my heads and do a Stage 3 street port and install oversized valves. The works! Combine all this with a GIAC chip, HP freeing pullies, Fast Intentions exhaust, and if found. Camshafts. Could this motor be pushing 350 - 360 with a good tune. I also am thinking of using NOX on this motor as well. That's right. When I said a full engine build. I wasn't joking! :D Yes it is expensive but I am serious about this build and am figuring 15 grand for this or so. Any and all help is greatly appreciated! I hope there is soemone who can help me on this matter.

somebody5788 01-12-2009 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by carguyno1 (Post 1018005)
I'm putting all my questions about the build in one thread to make it easier. Hope that is alright. I have a 98 A4 V6 Quattro. I am looking at a full high performance engine build. I heard the bottom end of these engines can be brittle when pushed for more power. Is this true? Also. Does anyone know a company that makes cams for this engine. I haven't had any luck. So what would be better. Rebuilding my block and putting a 3.0 crank in it? Since the company that makes the G2 - 3 S/C won't write me back. Does anyone know if the G3 will fit on my block or... buying the S4 short block from Eurospec with the 4 bolt billet mains and stud girdle with the G3 a better alternative. The reputable shop I am going to have do the build will take my heads and do a Stage 3 street port and install oversized valves. The works! Combine all this with a GIAC chip, HP freeing pullies, Fast Intentions exhaust, and if found. Camshafts. Could this motor be pushing 350 - 360 with a good tune. I also am thinking of using NOX on this motor as well. That's right. When I said a full engine build. I wasn't joking! :D Yes it is expensive but I am serious about this build and am figuring 15 grand for this or so. Any and all help is greatly appreciated! I hope there is soemone who can help me on this matter.

You would be better off finding the parts they use to build the engine separately. It shouldn't be hard to find rods for a 3.0 stroker just find out what the S4 guys use even though few of them have stroked theres. I've heard bad things about eurospec well not directly but I would do some research. But they JE pistons which you could easily get some custom made for you by them. The 3.0 crank will use an S4 flywheel and clutch and work w/ your stock tranny. You can try to get the engine builders to convert the block to 4 bolt mains for you. I would go for a 9.5:1 compression ratio 3.0 but I would also go for a big single turbo over the supercharger if you really want hp. The supercharger will probably be pushing itself to the max to get 350. Also you have to have this setup custom tuned and it would be best on stand alone ECU.

carguyno1 01-13-2009 11:50 AM

Thanks for the info. Been waiting for someone to give me input. The shop doing the work mentioned adding Nos and once I heard about the bottom ends being weak. I started to worry because I have seen what it can do to an engine. The builder after balance, blueprint and everything says the engine should handle 200 shot faily easily. He builds engines for a couple of champion racers. So the 2.8 has 2 bolt mains? If I could find 4 bolt mains I would consider the machineing and since I am considering making this engine push close to 600 then the 4 bolt getting the size to 3.0 would benefit. Getting 350 or so from the engine with close to a 200 shot is what I've been pictureing. If you were doing this would you consider looking at a good used engine and maybe even the 2.7 and have it gone through? Custom pistons and rods aren't a problem. It's finding a crank. I also love turbos but can't find a kit for any motor but the 2.7. Anyone good at retrofitting parts like a 3.0 crank in a 2.7, or 2.7 turbo kit on the 3.0 for example. I heard the 2.7 is all by its self! Sorry for all the questions. If this was a DSM vehicle. I would know exactly what to do but this is brand new territory for me and I want it done right the first time. Thanks again.

carguyno1 01-13-2009 11:52 AM

I foregot to add that I also have the Tiptronic auto in the car. I found another company that modifies them for high HP.

rmh 01-17-2009 12:29 PM

Here's a couple of links to the G2 S/C - looks like a complete bolt-on

http://www.superchargersonline.com/p...=superchargers

which looks like it came from these folks:
http://www.pes-tuning.com/

I have had quick response to my questions from superchargers online - might try asking them your questions....

ImTheDevil 01-17-2009 11:38 PM

Bro, if you're looking for that kind of power and that budget, check with 034Motorsport about a VR6-T conversion. For less than that money, they've put out 680whp through quattro using a built VR6 with a big turbo (GT35R I think). It was around $11-12k and made a shitload of power.

carguyno1 01-22-2009 10:05 AM

Thanks for the help guys. Checking out 034 now. Saw a recent article on there Audi. It made liek 800 WHP I think or close to that.

drev500@aol.com 01-28-2009 11:05 PM

2.7 bottom ends come with 4 bolt mains. In my opion coming from an s4 guy, Get yourself a used s4 block and go from there. The stock bottom ends from what I've heard can handle 500 at the crank which is way more then the 350 you were looking at. You would beable to save youreslf money and invest it into more speed.

carguyno1 01-28-2009 11:16 PM

I have decided to go with the 2.7 engine. I haven't heard anything bad about them I think they can be an amazing motor. My 2.8 is giving me some trouble due to haveing a wrthless prior owner so I am haveing her fixed right now so she is reliable. She leaks really bad and is misfiring at the moment. I take her in Friday. It will be quite while untill I get that 2.7 build going. Do you think a 3.0 crank would work well with a TT setup? My HP goal is 6 - 700 at the crank since I am going ahead witha more extensive engine. Untill then. I will get her to stock pretty much and slowly modify her from the ground up and money comes in. She is my number 1 priority! Again. Thanks for the help.

carguyno1 01-28-2009 11:17 PM

Sorry I can't spell today!