Intake, Headers and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Cold Air Intake: Carbonio vs EVOMS?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 12:19 AM
1st Gear
Default Cold Air Intake: Carbonio vs EVOMS?

I wanted to get the communities opinions about the difference between these two intakes. There has been much discussion about the Carbonio and it not being worth the money in terms of Horsepower and Torque performance gains. In contrast I have heard several different individuals, and tuner shops saying that there are some performance gain to be had from the evoms intake. One is considerably cheaper than the other, which I assume is based in the materials used (CF or not)? Is this correct?

some questions to help the discussion along are:

If you have had both intakes which one did you like better, and why?

Are the non power performance benefits similar between the two. For instance the sound, fuel efficiency, boost delivery, and throttle response.

Are there any disadvantages to using either of these intakes vs the stock intake?

Are there any major differences in design between the too? Filter thickness? heat sheilding? air volume? etc.

Are there truly HP/TQ perfomance gains (or not) between the two?

My goal for this discussion is to better understand the differences and to help decide on which one to purchase. I am not solely interested in power performance gains. Which is good becuase it sounds like if there are any it is minimal.

Your opinion are valued.

thanks
Noffy

Old 02-08-2008, 10:58 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Cold Air Intake: Carbonio vs EVOMS?

68views and not one comment, I Love this Board! oh well.

Old 02-11-2008, 12:39 PM
1st Gear

I work at a shop called Velocity Factor. We only install the Carbonio kits here. Not only for the A4 line, but also for VW, BMW and more.
We like them here because of the high quality craftsmanship, the fact that Carbonio stands directly behind all of their products. Most of the excess cost for the Carbonios goes into the engineering and refined looks of the quality C/F. They are very easy to install, we love them here. Also, the price difference isn't that drastic. I was searching around the web about the EVOMS, and for the B7 they sell for about $300. We sell the Carbonio for the B7 for $379, so it's not that dramatic a price increase for an easy install, quality parts, a noticeable power increase, and a great sound from the intake. All of our customers have been very happy with their Carbonios. I was reading through one of the online manuals for the EVOMS and it's quite a modification-heavy install. Cutting, moving, etc. The carbonios are crafted to directly bolt up with minimal movement and modification of stock parts. Worst we ever had to deal with was bending an attachment tab on the heat shield to fit going straight up. We've been very pleased with them!

Any other questions? I can answer them for you in regards to the Carbonios.

-=Tristan=-

*EDIT*
Also have some photos of the install we did on a B7. You'll Find it's much more compact, neat and organized over the EVOMS.
The Filter itself is a triple layer, foam type. A course layer up top to keep larger debris out, then two progressively finer layers inward. For the B7, the intake attaches directly to the current short ram from the front bumper to draw air in, then the filter covers directly over the MAF. This provides cooler air than the EVOMS, which is just a short ram. The airbox itself contains and flows a higher volume of air than the EVOMS as well. It also functions as its own heat shield, as the box both separates engine temps from the intake, and continually blasts cold air on the filter. In addition to that, the kit works as a great engine dress-up with the sleek carbon fiber look. HP gains are between 6 and 10whp, and you get quicker response from the intake, can hear your turbo spool up. and can notice the performance increase.

Old 02-15-2008, 01:41 AM
1st Gear

thank you very much for taking your time to reply to this thread. The information you have provided is very helpful.

Old 02-15-2008, 11:14 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Noffy

thank you very much for taking your time to reply to this thread. The information you have provided is very helpful.
Not at all We stand behind our customers here, future and present And we never say no to answering a question, even if you're not buying ;P We carry other parts for your cars too, exhaust, suspension, APR Tuned, etc. If you have any questions on any of those, feel free to post or call us.
-=Tristan=-

Old 02-21-2008, 12:31 PM
1st Gear

yeh, i hadnt seen this specific thread, so i started one just dedicated to finding out if the EVOMS are any good. It might be me, but i dont think enough people have them to be able to let others know, but that remains to be seen

Old 02-21-2008, 11:36 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: educationvictm88

yeh, i hadnt seen this specific thread, so i started one just dedicated to finding out if the EVOMS are any good. It might be me, but i dont think enough people have them to be able to let others know, but that remains to be seen
Actually there are quite a few people that have the evoms. I have decided on this one and I am getting it installed next week. i am very excited. There are a few reasons I decided on the evoms. The first is their designs are very similar but there cost is not, and basically I think you end up paying 100 more for the fancy carbon fiber lid which I don't care about. Also i have been able to find some people in my area that have the evo and I was able to listen to them and I like its addition to the sound. Additionally I have just been reading alot about them and I subjectiviely have just liked what people have said about the evo more than I have the carbo. I am very excited to get it, I am also getting the forged DV at the same time. I will let yall know what I think after i get it. Its suppose to happen next week but maybe the week after depending on when the goverment writes me a tax refund check.

Old 03-09-2008, 01:59 PM
1st Gear

im interested in the carbonio...i have a 2008 audi s4. what kind of TQ and HP #'s are you getting from this CAI? Thanks
Rob

Old 03-11-2008, 12:17 PM
1st Gear

I just had the evoms installed last week and i couldn't be happier with it. If you go over to the B7 forums I posted my review/opinions about it. But just to keep it short here, I chose that becuase it was cheaper and in general I found better reviews about it. Plus I didn't want to pay an ext $100+ for a pretty CF lid. Anyways the performance of my car has definitely increased. I don't know if it is more horse power or just a change in the power curve. When you press the throttle it is much more resposnive and you here the intake sucking air and the car just wants to go go go. Look at the other thread for more comments.. Or just send me any questions you may have. BTW I think the install went fine, no problems, and it looks nice in the engine. Not as nice a girly little CF lid joking

Old 03-12-2008, 09:40 PM

@ VelocityFactor

great info you got there. Thanks a lot. I was also planning to get a new cold air intake for my shelby.

@TS

Good to hear you already installed a cold air intake. Nice work.

-------------------------
Car routine check up: 1969 Ford Shelby Mustang GT350
1. Check car parts.
2. Talk to my car.
3. Say I love you once in a while.
4. Kiss the side mirror before driving.
lol... Drive safe guys.

Quick Reply: Cold Air Intake: Carbonio vs EVOMS?