AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Intake, Headers and Exhaust (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/intake-headers-exhaust-25/)
-   -   Custom Exhaust Just Installed...but (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/intake-headers-exhaust-25/custom-exhaust-just-installed-but-121187/)

meljose 12-21-2008 03:05 AM

Custom Exhaust Just Installed...but

Having issues with "drone" 2300-3000 RPM. I've installed two resonators and am planning to have an h-pipe configured into the system. Unfortunately it's still humming in the cabin at the respective RPMs noted above. FYI, I have an 2001 A6 2.7T with custom straight pipes and magnaflow mufflers...Two questions:

1) is there a better muffler that will quiet down the sound. Love the performance it's providing just don't need the attention...

2) will an h-pipe eliminate the drone.

Any help would be appreciated.

votblindub 12-30-2008 11:13 AM

I have a similar setup on mine. it drones at highway speeds. theres 0 need for an H pipe. leave it to be twin separate pipes. im actually working on figuring out how to quiet mine down, because my neighbors are complaining about me leaving for work in the morning. shoot me a PM or something and we'll discuss this more. maybe we can find a solution to toning down the drone

Dr FeelGood 01-05-2009 05:57 AM

I am trying to find me a good setup. Its time to get rid os the stock crap I ahev. Any suggestion?

votblindub 01-05-2009 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Dr FeelGood (Post 1019379)
I am trying to find me a good setup. Its time to get rid os the stock crap I ahev. Any suggestion?

You could purchase a premade one from one of the companies like APR or Milltek, or AWE, Neuspeed and such. Or you could buy it by parts and get a shop to make it for you.

sinzbrosracing4a 01-06-2009 02:26 PM

yes i have the exact problem my buddy owns a shop and made me custom exhaust back to my magnaflows and it drones and gives too much attention when i dont want it im looking for something not as loud but not sure what to get?

votblindub 01-07-2009 05:30 PM

i think we may need to get resonators or get long high flow mufflers and hook em up in a chain of 3 mufflers per bank(with my motor and exhaust configuration)

Krieger 01-22-2009 12:30 PM

its ur muffler... magnaflows are made for SUVS and trucks... they drone like no tomorrow.

even bargain bin mufflers dont drone as much.

if u already have 2 resonators, dont do an H-Pipe, just replace the mufflers.

also, are ur resonators on each pipe? have u thought about one before the split? would work wonders if u were gonna go that route...

but ill guarantee if u dropped the magnaflows, u will be happier. look at any car forum, from hondas, to Bimmers, Magnaflows are just obnoxious droners.

idk why people buy em... go to any muffler shop and thats the first thing i hear: "Why do u want a magnaflow on ur car??? u realize they were originally meant for Trucks... right?"

good luck. ;)

EDIT: PS. straight pipes too??? lol, nevermind. THATS a huge part too. every little resonance is just gonna be going up and down the pipe, with no interruptions, cuz there are no bends. ever notice how muscle cars and trucks are crazy loud? straight pipes. all for that extra like 1 HP.

Rutru1890 01-25-2009 02:33 AM

good friend

Bump! thx ! If you need sell cheap wow gold,you can buy wow power leveling on the website: buy wow gold, cheap WoW Power Leveling, sale wow Gold, 1-80 lvl wow power leveling, wotlk gold.

votblindub 01-25-2009 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Rutru1890 (Post 1030634)
Bump! thx ! If you need sell cheap wow gold,you can buy wow power leveling on the website: buy wow gold, cheap WoW Power Leveling, sale wow Gold, 1-80 lvl wow power leveling, wotlk gold.

*as Stewie* are you serious? is he serious?

why is that sh1t not B& yet?

zippy_gg 02-06-2009 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Rutru1890 (Post 1030634)

Effing spammer!:mad: