AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Intake, Headers and Exhaust (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/intake-headers-exhaust-25/)
-   -   EVO MS vs CARBONIO (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/intake-headers-exhaust-25/evo-ms-vs-carbonio-38113/)

abizone 08-03-2006 08:57 PM

EVO MS vs CARBONIO

I'm considering to get a cold air intake(Carbonio or Evo) for my stock 2003 A4 1.8T. I'm looking to see if anyone here could suggest to me if
there was a very noticible gain in performance in one over the other. The customer service guy from evo told me that I could get a
8-10hp gain if I bought their intake but I haven't heard anything back from the Carbonio guys. Aside from the show quality finish with the
Carbonio is there any additional benefit in investing an extra $100 and get the Carbonio over the evo? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks much in advance

Revo02 08-04-2006 04:13 AM

RE: EVO MS vs CARBONIO

I think the evo ms intake is better, better power gains, no sense in paying extra cash for product branding, IMO. Im looking to get evoms induction on my 02' s4.

bostonb0mber 08-24-2006 06:20 AM

paying almost 400 for a intake is just plain crazy in my eye all you are paying for is carbon fiber and a namebrand

Bondga 08-24-2006 05:51 PM

go wtih the evo intake. the Carbonio isn't anything really but your stock air box flipped upside down

dscott 09-02-2006 02:26 AM

I installed the Evo in my 06 A3 today. Nice fit / easy. Not loud and definite performance gain. The Carbonia looks nice but....
Scott
(lots of mods)

stryker 09-27-2006 08:15 PM

I've got the Carbonio in my 07 A3 GHL exhaust TB. H&R springs, 19' AXIS Hiros APR tuned.
I think anyone with some knowledge of CAI. knows that the true gain is below the advertised gains.
If one is really interested on getting to the nitty gritty, check dyno numbers on cars stock vs mod.
You'll see then how minimal the gains are on a intake.
So my answer is go with the Evo and if you want to one up the Carbonio, heat barrier (shield) your tube on the evo intake.
Check out the pics on neuspeeds website on heat barrier bottom left. The carbonio has a pat. on the heat barrier build into theirs.
I know the tubes on the intakes come with an insulation sprayed on but, the more you can insulate and keep the air your sucking cool,
the better for the CAI theory. Do you have to remove the engine cover on the Evo unit? If you do check with your service guy at the dealer if they are strict about mods and warranties. Come to think about it the Evo unit also has a less of restrictions in its tubes over the Carbonio. Alright i guess i bought the wrong CAI. no I love mine. To each its own. Good luck.

MilitantGrunt 10-08-2006 05:43 AM

Completely agree with stryker, I just installed my carbonio today, head soak is a major problem for intakes, and the carbonio intake has proper insulation from heat. It looks and sounds great, installation could be easier.

scotts custom 10-12-2006 08:41 PM

I think that the Evoms CAI is really good because its under $300 and it is a very good product. I installed it myself along with a friend and it took about and hour. Just make sure you get a new DV because mine was not happy. Ya, the instuctions are a little horrible but you can do it. I was debating a long time if I should get the Evoms or a Carbonio but if you dont want to spend $400, then get the Evoms.

Amze 11-21-2006 06:08 PM

My cars currently getting its clutched replaced[:@] but my Evo intake is sitting on the floor, I also have a 1.8T A4 2003 Quattro 5Speed... For people with the same car/intake whats it like, good sound? better throttle response?

Thanks

-Amze

kristokes 03-05-2007 06:56 PM

read it and weep! forget wha u heard. here's tha true facts!

http://mjbmotorsport.com/id82.html

you get wha you pay for!