AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Intake, Headers and Exhaust (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/intake-headers-exhaust-25/)
-   -   Milltek or Awe pipes (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/intake-headers-exhaust-25/milltek-awe-pipes-77880/)

motoxxx54321 10-10-2007 11:18 PM

Milltek or Awe pipes

I think i have narrowed it down to either Milltek or AWE exhaust. I've looked on youtube and got a little idea about the sounds but is there anyone out there with real hand experience with both of the systems? Any imput would be great.

paparose_12 10-12-2007 01:08 PM

RE: Milltek or Awe pipes

Sorry don't know about the AWE's. But I love my Milltek, sounds really nice. Not too loud, just right for me...

motoxxx54321 10-13-2007 12:42 PM

What about the power difference. I herd that you have to be careful with aftermarket exhuast because they flow more. I was told that a turbo needs to have good backpreasure. otherwise the bottom end will hurt but the top will improve a little.

Joker 11-10-2007 11:45 PM

Well having experience with helping one of my friends installing his AWE twin 1 exhaust and downpipes. I would say that they have a higher power output to those that I have seen with a Milltek exhaust. There is a video on youtube where two guys were racing similar S4's one was tuned all AWE and the other was tuned all APR and Milltek. AWE won each pull by about 1.5 lengths, So i would say go with AWE, much better results, and great engineering.

Y2gplaya69 01-11-2008 08:35 PM

Currently I have a Milltek and I can feel the difference in power compares to stock, however I don't know anything about AWE.

blackmagics4 02-03-2008 12:38 PM

I have the AWE Twin 1 exhaust. (I also was down to Milltek or AWE) I was going to get the milltekSuper duel because it was quiet, but I decided to go with a loud exhaust soI bought theAWE Twin 1. The Twin 1 is loud but it gives off a good tone. AWE also has the Twin 2 which is quieter. Are you getting downpipes also or eventually? Try to have the same brand for both.

Hope this helps.

Noffy 02-04-2008 11:22 PM

I am not sure what application it is but for my b7 A4 I went with the AWE. Sounds create, deep, no drone, not overly loud. I really liked the sound of the milltek but I had several warnings that the milltek had some fitment issues with the B7s. Enough that it requires adjustment after install to prevent leaks. Not sure how true all that is but it was enough for me to start concidering AWE and StaSis and no MIlltek. The power upgrade has been good and there have been considerable upgrade in the throttle response and turbo spooling.

dr6837 02-10-2008 11:06 PM

Problem right now is getting either one! Neither is in stock (turbo back) for an A3 2T anyway. Very discouraging! Tired of waiting!

Batteries 02-21-2008 02:44 AM

ORIGINAL: motoxxx54321
What about the power difference. I herd that you have to be careful with aftermarket exhuast because they flow more. I was told that a turbo needs to have good backpreasure. otherwise the bottom end will hurt but the top will improve a little.
Nah. That's a common misconception. Non-turbo motors generally benefit from some backpressure, because you lose some low RPM torque if you don't have *any* backpressure.

Turbo motors (this applies to supercharged cars, too) do NOT have this same problem. I repeat, they do NOT have this problem. The less restrictive the exhaust for turbo/supercharged cars, the better. It would be ideal if there was no exhaust at all, in fact, but that's just ridiculously loud and illegal. The less restrictive your exhaust is, the faster the turbo will spool, and the faster the power will kick in.

Both AWE and Milltek are good choices, by the way. Milltek will most likely be a little quieter. Milltek tends to be a little more subdued, and alot of people like that.

fusionx 04-25-2008 05:08 PM

AWE is a great exhaust I am going to get it as soon as I cough up the money. Basicly theres no huge difference between the AWE and the Milltek exhaust except your paying so much more for Milltek only because its a european band. AWE is located in the US so you dont have to pay extra for it coming from europe.