Intake, Headers and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Need Input for '04 B6 S4 EXHAUST

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 08:23 PM
Default Need Input for '04 B6 S4 EXHAUST

Hey guys whats up. I recently purchased a 2004 S4 which is the B6 platform. First off, I love it. But it just sounds like the exhaust isn't letting out what the engine want's to. It needs more sound. So basically, I am pretty much looking for a cat-back and possibly downpipes. I don't care about HP gain or any speed gain at all, because it's godly fast already, as most of you probably know ... So, just looking for some input on the absolute loudest, nicest tone, that will make people turn heads. Any input would be great...

I've been doing some research and checking out some video's, and I really like AWE and Milltek's cat-backs. The AWE downpipes with a Milltek cat-back sounds nice, but I have no clue what I'm looking for. So thats why I came here, to talk to the experts. Thanks!

Old 09-22-2008, 10:55 AM

Also, any good websites that I could browse? Can't seem to find any really legit ones.

Old 09-22-2008, 03:11 PM
1st Gear

I have a 2007 B7 S4 with Neuspeed cat-back exhaust. Correct me if I'm wrong but we should both have the 4.2 V8... I chose that brand over AWE and Milltek because I like the lower, throaty sound. I felt that the competitors made it sound too much like a chain saw, especially if you choose to purchase an unresonated system. I found that the performance gain to cost was not enough to purchase a full system. Thats really only needed if you insist on having a shop tune your engine; chip, supercharger etc anything thats above the typical exhaust or intake systems. Also check youtube for videos of systems if you want to compare. I actually liked the magna-flow system but that was a custom job and required more $$$$ than I could afford/and I couldn't find a close enough installer.

Old 09-22-2008, 05:17 PM

Thanks. I have been checking youtube, and yeah I agree, I like the lower throaty sound like you mentioned. I just liked AWE and Milltek because they had alot of products for audi's. I'll go look at some video's about yours. In your honest opinion, does your car sound ALOT louder, or just a bit? Plus, I'm planning on getting the non-res version, just because it should be alittle louder with less of a muffler. Thanks for the post, any more suggestions?