Intake, Headers and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

zomg help me design my custom exaust!!1

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 01:29 AM
1st Gear
Default zomg help me design my custom exaust!!1

What’s up guys? I’m looking to drop a custom exhaust in my 1997 A4 2.8 12V Quattro 5speed. The main goal is power; due to the 12v engine and lack of mods for it I need to get some good gains out of the exhaust system. I’m going to need to keep the two CCs to pass sh***y emissions tests in Delaware, so all of the work needs to be done after the CCs. Straight pipes would be nice after the CCs but that’s going to be very loud so I will need a muffler and/or a couple resonators (I don’t want it sounding like a ricer, just a deep sound). Here is where the fun starts. The stock system is a Y but I was thinking about running the two pipes down the left side, like this:

This is just a general drawling to help you visualize what I am trying to accomplish, hence the absence of resonators and a muffler.
I’m also looking to spend under 800 bucks on the system. I have a nice hook up with a Audi tech friend that will fab, fit, and weld all of the pipes for me for cheep. So the majority of the cost will be in the resonators / muffler. I have been looking for a muffler with two inlet pipes along with two outlet pipes but I cant find something like that any were. If you guys know of any good resonators you have used, along with mufflers please let me know about them. Let me know what you think about my idea and please add any info and advice you might have. Thanks! -Rich

Old 07-08-2007, 01:32 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force
Default RE: zomg help me design my custom exaust!!1

Or you could just find a local shop, and have them cut out the mufflers and weld straight pipes in. No need to 'design' anything at all. Just put the hangers where they used to be, and it will be way under $800

Old 07-08-2007, 06:39 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: zomg help me design my custom exaust!!1

good point, do you think i should put two resonators in where the muffler was? one for each pipe.