AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Interior (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/interior-29/)
-   -   Cup Holders What The **** (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/interior-29/cup-holders-what-%2A%2A%2A%2A-206805/)

lawsongaither 04-09-2014 12:40 AM

Cup Holders What The ****

I am a newbie who purchased a new Audi S6 2 months ago. I was excited about the car when I first purchased it.I have a APR kit on it that rocks as long as your not drinking anything. The salesman at ( Leith Audi) made sure I would give rave ratings. I haven't driven the car that much about 1000 miles. Since then I have many cup holder mishaps. Several times I have pulled my Starbucks out only for it to spill all over me on the way to a important meeting. I rush it back to the holder for it to fill with coffee. This spills all over the wiring harness and makes a mess. This is due to the 4 tabs ( that too, poor design)
I called my dealer asking for a solution, answer buy Audi coffee cups, Really??? Master technician had no resolve. I called Audi USA with concern, answer, Germans aren't good with cup holders, Really???? Waiting on supervisor to call
I spent 90K plus on a car and I cant drink a cup of coffee without drenching myself or filling the cup holders with coffee?? I ask to get get out of my commitment with Audi. I only had 1k miles. Audi response it wasn't a manufactures defect. ( No fricking engineering stupidly) How can engineers with so much responsibility not have the ability to manufacture a cup holder? A HOLE. Look at Ford
I have contacted outside Audi specialized center that are more than capital of removing the tabs. I feel I shouldn't have to pay the additional price.
End of the day not happy with the local service center about my concerns. They actually thought like many off you to sell a car due to cup holders is stupid. My response would be live it for a few weeks. I would also advise the 90K plus Audi buyers to look at other manufactures.

At the end of the day if your looking at an Audi look at the cup holders. Other German manufactures have found a way to make the US cup holder market happy. It a shame that the fastest growing German car manufacture in the US can't make a usable cup holder. How hard could that be??
This brings up a good point. If they can't design cup holders how in the
hell can they design latest technical development in Audi Cars
Bottom line Audi blew me off, nothing they are willing to offer me. I just won't out. My new car is now for sale. 2014 S6, Its a beast.
AUDI BUYERS BEWARE
Serious buyers call 919-306-9746 predestine condition , Not a fire sale

bradtyler02 04-09-2014 10:13 AM

I'm sure they designed it to hold your cup of joe without it spilling during "spirited" driving (how else does one drive an APR tuned S6?). With that being said, I'm sure the solution to your problem is to simply buy a $10 reusable travel mug. When compared to you $90K car, I think you should be able to handle it.

If not, I'll give you $40,000 for your car, since it has coffee flood damage!