AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Interior (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/interior-29/)
-   -   Repairing interiot leather? (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/interior-29/repairing-interiot-leather-150493/)

jose-socal 05-14-2010 03:30 PM

Repairing interiot leather?

I'm out of warranty and my A3 has a crack in the driver's seat leather on the thigh bolster. Anything I can do to repair it?

Without spending much money, I mean. :confused:

JAZ 05-25-2010 02:41 PM

Any decent upholtery shop that works on car interiors should be able to help you. They should be able to just replace the torn panel. You can save yourself some money by removing the seat, then removing the leather cover and just taking that in. I've had numerous seats repaired that way and it isn't usually expensive. A lot easier if the leathr is black.

jose-socal 06-02-2010 04:30 PM

it's the tan interior. I guess I'll get it done sometime. I didn't know they could just replace the panel.

kent11 06-04-2010 11:46 AM

they can do it with out replacing the seat with glue and heat somehow, ask, cost around $80 any dealership

mwest 06-05-2010 08:56 AM

jose-socal,
What you are describing is typical wear on leather seats. Especially the driver seat, left bolster, both lower cushion and backrest. I own a company that repairs interiors. We see this stuff every day. It's easily repairable and any good technician can restore this to almost new condition and give you a few more years of use. Cost normally ranges from $75-$100. You can ask the used car manager of any dealer whom he uses for his interior repairs. Then contact that guy directly. It would save you a few $. When I do work at a dealer for the service dept. on a customers car, they usually add anywhere from 15% to 50% and sometime more to my charge to the customer.

hamishmarshal 06-09-2010 03:53 PM

I think you can contact the best and the careful accessories dealer in that case. He can guide you better to repair or to change it needed. Because of we did not seen the condition of your cars interior.

movieinw 07-22-2010 10:59 AM

on a customers car, they usually add anywhere from 15% to 50% and sometime more to my charge to the customer

robcook 09-24-2010 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by mark1234 (Post 1231953)
hi all, i have Audi A-3,the warranty of my interior goes out and i have found crack in my seat leather and on dash board please guide me how can i save it from more cracks.

i dont' understan why he placed same question in single thread :confused:

Rhaman 10-01-2010 05:26 PM

Prevention

The other aspect to your repair question is how do prevent the leather from this damage. The best answer I found is to clean and treat the leather with quality products available at auto parts stores. Clean and treat the leather monthly and allow time for the product to set in before using the seat. The most used, usually the drivers side, needs most care. Your leather will wear better. Good luck.