Mechanics & Workshops Kudos and complaints equally welcome. Know a good one? Know a bad one? Advise/warn others.

Aux belt caused electrical fault

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2017, 05:06 PM
1st Gear
Default Aux belt caused electrical fault

Think I posted this in the wrong section before ( sorry guys )

2009 Audi Q5 3.0 dti, aux belt shredded and cut through loom to oil pressure sensor.

All repaired with new parts but red oil can warning check oil level comes on after a few minutes, VAG-COM fault code suggests oil pressure sensor circuit malfunction ( P164D 00 )but all parts replaced with new and loom repaired.

AUDI service cannot find the problem, oil pressure and level is ok, the car has covered 3 thousand miles since the original problem and runs perfect just the red can is flashing and saying switch off engine and check oil level. 2 x Audi garages now are baffled.

Have undone the whole loom section that was damaged and inspected several times, cannot find any issues. I have had test meter on the low oil pressure switch and started the engine and the sensor works fine going from open to close circuit ( new anyway ) but still the red can flashes.

The check oil level message is confusing if the issue is with the oil pressure circuit?? The oil level sender in the sump was not damaged in any way nor was the cable/ loom to it, in fact through the MMI you can read the oil level, I have done an oil and filter change to be sure measuring it back in.

My last thought is to really look into the circuit diagram for the lower oil pressure sensor and maybe the level sensor in the sump to see where the cables go to and see if the are interlinked in any way, but I searched for weeks now and just cannot find the correct circuit diagram PLEASE if anyone can help before I go crazzzy .

Thanks

Jeff