Mid West IL, IN, IA, MI, MN, MO, OH, WI

Kudos,kudos, and more kudos.

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 11:32 AM
1st Gear
Exclamation Kudos,kudos, and more kudos.

I have to post this, because this fellow deserves this more than anything. I recently been having either a "no start," "slow start," or a "slow start with a grind," with my A4. Well, I was getting a bit aggravated about the whole thing, considering that I just had the starter rebuilt about 5 weeks ago. Some folks thought it was a clutch switch or an ignition switch. Well, it wasn't.

Last weekend, I went down to KC, and met Mike Schowengerdt from Import Master's. I was referred to him from another board- audifans.com. He is a one man show, and when I called him last Thursday saying I was going to be in town that weekend, he said that he would be able to "fit me in" on Monday. Of course, when I hear that, I think worse case scenario. I rolled in about 800 that morning. I walked in, and he was in the midst of doing valve cover gaskets on an A8. Keep this in mind, that he is a one man show. 7 bays, no lift, but tons of Audi's everywhere, including a mint short wheelbase UR!! I explained my problem, and he said that he would get to it as soon as he finished the A8. He got done, we got the car in, ran some load tests, checked the battery, and volts. He then jacked it up, and found the problem- the wire going to the starter was just barely hanging on, and that the terminal for this connection was in the wrong spot, since it was rebuilt. He tightened the connection, reattached my oil temperature connection that must have come undone when the control arm was replaced.

This fellow is unreal, he takes the time to figure out the problem, and fixes as opposed to throwing parts at it and hope that it works. He lives and breathes Audi. He also let's you watch and or even help when he is working too!! I found out that he gets customers from Wichita, and Oklahoma City. This fellow is a gem. So, with that said, if you need work done, go to him. He is on Cherry St.

Old 12-20-2008, 03:28 PM
1st Gear

Hey where is this guy located?