New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

audi a4 Avant WGN from salvage yard

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 05:07 PM
1st Gear
Default audi a4 Avant WGN from salvage yard

have just gotten a audi a4 awd wagon with over 260,000 , was told fuel pump seemed to be out and the got it to fire up with starter fluid, so i tried it befor paying and just got a back fire, after getting the car home i have checked for sound coming from tank and listened around fuel tank without hearing any thing. This is the first Audi for me so have been search google for answers , one thing is battery was drained and symphony II radio sais SAFE thinking this might be the answer ie anti-theft for the no start found out about radio safe-mode,, no manual or code card but did find radio removal key in the spare tire compartment,,have yet to pull radio to see if code might be on radio,, thats what has got me here ,, searching to see if i could pull plugs and find out if im getting spark i stumbled on the this form about the yellow car shut down safey (anti-theif) so im making my first post to be able to study to see if this is part of my problem ?

my name is paul and i live in salem indiana ,, thx for this form!

Old 02-23-2013, 05:50 PM
1st Gear

well had luck pulled all the plugs and seen i was getting spark, so i used starter fluid in plug holes put back together , and it fired right up ,, then pulled intake holes and used starter fluid and the thing ran,, so now i need to check for hot wires to fuel pump and maybe replace it,, things are looking up

Old 02-24-2013, 04:42 PM
Super Moderator

Good to hear. You might want to find the sub-forum for which A4 you have and post there for specific help. Welcome to our home and enjoy your stay.

Old 02-25-2013, 08:10 PM
1st Gear

took out pump benched tested it does seem to be bad, so order pump only from > Tre 430 Stock Replacment Fuel Pump Direct Fit New | eBay will see in acouple day,, thanks for pointing me to the right problem forum chocalotstarfish,, Can anyone tell me if i need to resit the ecm after installing pump or wil it just know? plus in reading all the forum it makes me confussed all the things it could be to keep the car from running,, because i got it allready broken,, but i will keep reading thx again

Old 02-26-2013, 12:05 AM
1st Gear

Keep up the good work. This is goodreading