New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

b5 audi a4 heatercore

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2017, 10:15 AM
1st Gear
Default b5 audi a4 heatercore

Hi I have 1998 Audi a4 with the 2.8l v6 its has high miles and its starting to need lot parts replace and one of the things it needs done is the heater core, it blows cold air most of the time and it only has little bit of heat when the car is driving at 2 to 3 rpms. I know I have to tear apart the whole dash to get to it and I figure it would long process that will be a lot of time. Since its almost winter right now and almost negative degree temp Il have to replace it soon, I know the blower also should be replace cause it starting make weird sound every time its on. I was just wondering if anyone from experience or knowledge of these generation of cars know if there is any other part under the dash that should be replaced that tend to go out too since, I will have it all taken apart anyways. Also I was seeing if anyone has tips on how to take apart the dash without braking things and without taking the whole steering assembly out, I've just started learning about these cars since my first Audi needs a lot work, so any help or knowledge anyone has about the heater core, bleeding the system or any other part I should look at or replace, would be highly appreciated.
thanks.