New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

don't bother!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 09:06 PM
1st Gear
Default don't bother!

To whom it may concern,
Don't bother expecting any real feedback from anyone here other than Paul755. Yes there are 168,000 registered members but none of them bother trying to help. I have asked several questions and even tried to help other people here so that I would not be the "new member who helps no one" and other than one dude, who I appreciate very much, no one answers at all!! no admins no veterans no moders, nothing! I think Ill just take the local Audi shot manager to a topless bar and win his favor that way so I can get information thats usable.

SELF EDITED
You will need to be patient and look in the sections that have a lot of people viewing and ask your question there. This community is made of normal working folks who cant check every post by everyone. Jump up and down a bit and you will get the help you need. Post once and wait...you could be waiting a while...jus sayin

Last edited by magicturtle2; 06-20-2014 at 08:01 PM. Reason: changed oppinion
Old 06-18-2014, 06:50 AM
4th Gear

Perhaps you're not asking the right questions.

Maybe you're posting them in areas that are not frequented very often.

Maybe you're asking questions that no one (besides Paul755) knows the answers to.

I would suggest getting a membership over at Audizine. There are many, many more members over there, and a lot of them are tools, ***-hats, or just plain douche bags, so you'll fit right in.

Old 06-18-2014, 09:52 AM
Senior Administrator

There's never a "Love" button to push, when you really, RILLY need one!

Old 06-18-2014, 07:56 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by bradtyler02
Perhaps you're not asking the right questions.

Maybe you're posting them in areas that are not frequented very often.

Maybe you're asking questions that no one (besides Paul755) knows the answers to.

I would suggest getting a membership over at Audizine. There are many, many more members over there, and a lot of them are tools, ***-hats, or just plain douche bags, so you'll fit right in.
I could not have illustrated my point any better so thank you!

The reasons one does not get answers are largely irrelevant my original statement still applies but just to take your points...

"perhaps your not asking the right questions" This one is my favorite. So I want to know if there are any other methods I can use to unlock my stereo and no one answers and your reply is this? What should I ask then??
Or I want to know IF i will have to have a computer "reset" done at the dealer after rebuilding the motor and no one answers What should I have asked instead that would get me the information? I also asked about the general reliability of my motor...one answer, so what should I have asked instead? what tire pressure should be?

"maybe your posting them in areas not frequented often" I would assume that this forum, like all others, has sections with titles and stickies that tell you what questions you are supposed to ask or discuss in that section for a reason. With that said I did post my main question in the General tech section because that sections seemed to have the most people "viewing" when I logged in when it really should have been in DIY.

And your last point is a great one also

" maybe your asking questions that no one but Paul755 knows the answers to"
If this is true then you have just called into question the knowledge of everyone here since the questions I asked are not that hard for people who are supposed to be Audi enthusiasts unless none of you actually work on the cars your "enthused" about.

Oh wait that wasnt your last point. Your last point was to illustrate to all those who have questions they need answered just how smart you are! Personal attacks really help you generate that warm comfortable feeling we all want from a forum community that we go to to get help for our vehicles.

No matter what you said the fact remains that questions dont get answered.

I have the best idea...next time I ask a question you can read it and then tell me what I really should be asking.

Well said!

Old 06-19-2014, 03:48 PM
Tech Slut

1) So I want to know if there are any other methods I can use to unlock my stereo
Do you have the code?

2) Or I want to know IF i will have to have a computer "reset" done at the dealer after rebuilding the motor?
No.

3) I also asked about the general reliability of my motor...one answer, so what should I have asked instead?
Look in the newbie threads

4) What tire pressure should be?
Look on your door panel.

Happy?
btw, super ghey avatar.

Old 06-19-2014, 08:20 PM
1st Gear

The questions I listed above were rhetorical.
I joined here on April 10 and asked a question about the general reliability of the engine in a car I had not, at the time of my question, bought. On the subject of the motor Paul 755 and I had an ongoing discussion about various phases of my rebuild project. While that was happening I asked, on 4/17, for information on a good repair manual that I could use on my project. Zero replies as of today. As I looked around the forums for information I saw a post from another user about a blow up he had with a new Blaupart water pump so I asked, also on 4/17, IF anyone knew anything about FCP Euro as a parts supplier. Zero replies
I continued my project with ongoing help from Paul 755.
On 4/26 I asked about the computer and whether or not it would need the dealer to "reset" it after my project was over. I did get a reply to this one two weeks later on 5/10 by one of the admins.
I was looking around the forums for information and as I did I would check out what other people were asking and try to help where I could. In doing this I saw a lot of posts from people asking for help with their problems and a lot of them got no answer at all from anyone.
I asked about the Auxillary water pump on my car on 5/3 with zero replies. On that same day I also asked about the wiring connectors and I got zero replies on that as well. I continued my project and Paul 755 continued to be the only member to say anything at all.
My first negative comment was on 6/3 and if you go read it I was not rude or insulting to anyone. I just expressed surprise and disappointment that I was not able to get more information from this community. To summarize
I asked about a repair manual= no help, I asked about a parts source= no help, I asked about wiring= no help. While I was getting no help I saw lots of others getting no help either. On 6/7 I asked about oil and what the community had to say about the oil I was going to use I have been told that the oil used in my car is very important. Again nothing.
I will confess that by the time I was asking about the stereo being locked I was frustrated with the lack of useful information from anyone other than Paul 755 and so I was a little abrasive in the title to this thread but I did not attack anyone personally nor did I call anyone names and yet I am the bad guy here when Mr. Tyler calls me a douche bag and an *** hat? I wont even address what AWDaholic posted earlier that now appears to be deleted. Lastly FASTERS parting remarks are about how ghey my avatar is!

I have looked around here and on any given page of the general tech section there are at least six or so people who have asked a question that no one answers or even tries to answer. I was trying to call attention to something that I think is and will continue to hurt this community and for that I get attacked. Thank you for the education gentlemen.

Old 06-19-2014, 08:59 PM
4th Gear

I owned a 1.8T B5 A4 which I work on extensively before I upgraded to my current car. This forum alone has taught me just about everything I know about working on my Audis. Almost every morning, I log in, check my subscribed threads, then check for new thread and post since my last login. I scroll through all the titles, and if I can help, I help, if I can't I skip it.

The community here is mostly geared towards the B5 A4 because that is the biggest knowledge base. There are a few of us here that have been here a number of years and we are sort of a twisted, dysfunctional family. So, when someone comes in acting a fool, there will be blow back.

Old 06-19-2014, 10:57 PM
1st Gear

I dont mind "blowback" and I am as disfunctional as any of you. In every forum there are the "old dogs" and there are the middle bunch and the noobs. I NEVER expected a reply to every question by any one person nor even for that matter an answer to every question. I got frustrated when I got no answers at all so I pushed. I didnt call anyone names and I was not outright rude. I was a bit abrasive and a little disrespectful which is exactly what I had to do to get a reaction. So now I got a reaction and maybe now I can join the disfunctional buch bunch of "*** hats" ( i really like that term) here. Truce everyone?? and peace on earth??

P.S. AWDaholic can I change my user ID to AssHat?

Old 06-20-2014, 04:30 AM
Tech Slut

I was linked to this thread thru an OG Facebook group. And I'm sorry to hear things are falling apart around here. You may find that there are more knowledgeable guys in other areas of the forum. Not as many A6 owners doing maintenance/repairs as some other ones like B5 A4's maybe. But stick it out and check out some other sections of the forum. All the questions you were mentioning are super common and theres tons of guys around here with the answers you need. Making accounts on AZ and Vortex are definitely helpful, lots of technical info on vortex and good classifieds on both. As far as joining this group of fucktards, the initiation involves a lot of yeungling and fried food, but thats only if you can hack it on the east coast. I'm glad to see you've deleted your avatar, that was a little much for me to take
Good luck and don't be afraid to PM anyone that has "mod/admin or tech" next to their name for more personal help on (mostly) car related issues.

Old 06-20-2014, 07:43 PM
1st Gear

"yeungling" what the hell is that? BTW nothing is falling apart around here! we just had to sort some ..."stuff" out. Now its sorted Tyler has named me "AssHat" and we are good. At least I think we are. Now I know how **** rolls around here all will be good. It turns out tyler may have been right about the "tools, douche bags, and *** hats" and how I would fit in except he was wrong about where those people were........

Quick Reply: don't bother!