New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First-time Audi owner from Northern Delaware

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 12:57 AM
1st Gear
Default First-time Audi owner from Northern Delaware

Hello everyone!

I've been lurking around the Audi forums for a couple of years now doing some background research and whatnot. After a few years of waiting and saving, on May 15th, I finally pulled the trigger on a 2011 S5 6MT Sprint Blue. It's a premium plus with nav, B&O, and sport rear diff. I had to compromise big time on getting a prestige because I was just so tired of seeing all the sprint blues sell out from under me before I could even get a test drive scheduled...but I surely love it all the same. This car popped up locally and I hustled to close the deal.

I bought the S5 as a reminder that I may be slaving away the best years of my life in the interest of helping a dozen guys I've never met before make millions for themselves, but that doesn't mean I can't have something to show for it. I fell head over heels for the S5 back in 2009 when I first noticed it. The kind of obsessive infatuation that makes you say "it really could drive like a POS, but I'd still friggin' want one".

I don't have many pictures yet, as I quickly got busy performing the critical front-plate-delete and "stupid dealer decal removal" mods. Next I'll be doing a full interior LED lighting overhaul, along with a VAG COM cable and possibly (possibly? yeah...more like definitely) some e-codes.

This is my first Audi, so I'm still adjusting to the attention this thing gets...from admiring glances to envious stares and the occasional jealous psychos who attempt to inflict damage by driving into the shoulder in front of me to kick up rocks and debris...I had no idea this was a "thing".

Before now, I've only had a 2008 Mustang GT which I modded pretty significantly, inside and out. The S5 is a car with somewhat of a similar purpose (powerful grand-tourer coupe), so it's not an earth-shattering difference. Each car has its merits, but the Mustang cannot compare to the S5's presence and refinement, obviously.

In any event, I'm honored to join all of you and glean whatever knowledge you have gathered here, and hopefully, be able to share some of my own at some point.

Take care and be well,
-Andrew

Name:  s5.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  69.1 KB

Old 05-29-2013, 01:28 AM
1st Gear

congrate for your audi . welcome here

Old 05-29-2013, 02:20 AM
1st Gear

Nice choice of car and color!