Just traded my 2003 Stratus for 2006 Audi A4 - AudiForums.com

Go Back  AudiForums.com > General > New Member Welcome Area
Just traded my 2003 Stratus for 2006 Audi A4 >

Just traded my 2003 Stratus for 2006 Audi A4

New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Just traded my 2003 Stratus for 2006 Audi A4

Old 01-11-2019, 11:04 PM
1st Gear
Default Just traded my 2003 Stratus for 2006 Audi A4

Hi Everybody!

I just traded my perfectly good, running 2003 Dodge Stratus to a friend, for a badly neglected, 2006 Audi A4 that can barely make it around the block and had to be towed home!

A good friend will be working on it with me. We're starting out with plugs, coil packs and a cam shaft position sensor. Hoping that will get it running good enough to drive it around and maybe pass emissions once all the unburned fuel is cleared out. My mechanic friend and I both agree it's a risk but both of us got a good feeling about the car. As someone who's never bought even a single lottery ticket or played a slot machine while in Vegas, I only gamble when I'm convinced the odds are in my favor.

It's a gorgeous car; a real head turner with 17" custom rims, 3 bald low profile tires and a spare with a blow out in the trunk. I'm also told it has some cool looking neon lights underneath it... that don't work, of course!

What's the deal with keys? It only came with one that looks like it's about to fall apart! Nearest dealer, 2 hours away in Bakersfield, wanted $250 for the FOB and another $150 for programming it. I see FOB's on ebay for it for next to nothing but I read that dealers will refuse to program them. Is there any way around this? I was hoping to make several copies as I'm always locking my keys in my car.

When we got it home, I sat in the drivers seat and told my friend if it needed more work than I could afford I could always come out once in a while and sit in it. We were both cracking up laughing as I grabbed the steering wheel pretending to drive it like a little kid.