New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

long time lover first time owner as of today!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 01:14 PM
1st Gear
Default long time lover first time owner as of today!

Whats up guys im not new to The Audi world a couple of my friends have had em and still do. but i finally bought one myself. its a 2002 a4 base model 3.0L. Paid $4000 for it with 85,000 miles on it. within the last year its had a new water pump, timing belt, serp belt, oil changes, all with receipts. i already know i want to convert it to an s4 looks wise because i cant stand the black plastic. If anyone has any tips or link to threads on here about doing a EXTERIOR conversion it would be a great help. everything i would need for the exterior. of course im going to look and search myself but any input would be great. wanna do front and rear s4 bumpers, s4 door blades, gunna throw on a nice set of shoes dont know what though yet, lower it alittle and maybe a nice sounding exhaust. Nothing too crazy just want it to look better than it does now cause it looks kinda plain lol. i have about $4000 to spend on the exterior conversion including the wheels and tires. so whatever you guys can think of body parts wise, suspension, im all ears.

Attached Thumbnails long time lover first time owner as of today!-3f33n53l95o65ga5h6cce57145f8153221aef.jpg  
Old 12-16-2012, 02:33 PM
AudiForums WilkommenVagen Direktor

Willkommen to the forums!

congrats on the car. be sure to spend some time on the A4 section. lots of good information to be found there. lots of good people too. car looks really clean. as far as the "black plastic", look around for the term "painted lowers" as that is what the conversion is commonly called. there are a lot of options for getting a look that you are happy with. again, spend some time perusing the forums. you should get a lot of ideas for what you can do, depending on what overall look you are going for.

be sure to save some of that "conversion budget" for care and maintenance. not to put the scare into you, but the 3.0 is known to generate some pretty pricey issues, primarily due to the fact that it is the biggest PITA to work on.

good luck

have fun

Old 12-16-2012, 04:11 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by 02A6Beau
Willkommen to the forums!

congrats on the car. be sure to spend some time on the A4 section. lots of good information to be found there. lots of good people too. car looks really clean. as far as the "black plastic", look around for the term "painted lowers" as that is what the conversion is commonly called. there are a lot of options for getting a look that you are happy with. again, spend some time perusing the forums. you should get a lot of ideas for what you can do, depending on what overall look you are going for.

be sure to save some of that "conversion budget" for care and maintenance. not to put the scare into you, but the 3.0 is known to generate some pretty pricey issues, primarily due to the fact that it is the biggest PITA to work on.

good luck

have fun
Thank you!! and i will be looking in that section alot. im not a fan of the painted lowers i like the look of the s4 bumpers i like the one piece front i just think it looks cleaner. And becides the work that has been done by the previous owner recently what else does the 3.0 have problems with just so i know ahead of time?.