New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Love my new 02 A4 1.8T

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 09:05 AM
1st Gear
Default Love my new 02 A4 1.8T

This car is awesome. Great on gas and fun as hell to drive. Quick too might I add. I went from driving a 98 dodge ram to this newish 02 Audi A4 1.8t quattro. Picked it up last friday. Unfortunately, I took it up to boston parked it for the day and when i got back to the car and turned it on the coolant light lit up and there was a puddle of pink sweet smelling liquid on the ground. Coolant i concluded. Its back at the dealer to have warranty repairs done. I will have it back today.

Pros:Good on gas. AWD. Tiptronic, best of both worlds. Turbo (fun to drive). Sun roof. Nice system stock. Good throttle response. Lots of dash functions to play with. Seems like there a lots of mods on the market for the 1.8t. 3.0 doesnt have as many. Body is mint. Projector headlights (not HID tho, easy mod tho from what i read). Fog lights + first car i have owned w/ functional AC besides my transam but thats prob gunna change w/ the new motor (GM AC systems are a pain and prone to blowing o rings and compressors. grrrrr)

Cons: Climate control hard to figure out (read the manual think i got it now). Car runs hot, hood feels like its burning up after driving expecially on the exhaust side of the car. Tip shifting is laggy. Shift buttons on steering wheel useless, would rather have radio controls. No DVD/Navigation. Some buttons that i still have no idea what they do.

After that little incoming blab i was just wondering what any of you have done for aftermarket DVD/Navigation but more specifically how does it look? Pretty stock or stick out like a sore thumb? Also, I want after market wheels for this car, does anyone know what the bolt pattern is for this car? Widest tire?

Thanks for helping a noob guys!

Old 08-05-2008, 05:37 PM
6th Gear

welcome to the AF first of all.

second a little searching would probalby solve your question but I do know of some people who retrofit Audi Nav's into older Audi's and they look really good. Also I forget the player he used but a guy on here used and aftermarket one and it looked very good.

Old 08-05-2008, 07:48 PM
1st Gear

Welcome