New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nav or No Nav - Trouble deciding, need opinions

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 05:24 PM
Default Nav or No Nav - Trouble deciding, need opinions

I am a newb to your forum so thanks for the help in advance...

My wife and I are buying an 07 A4 2.0T Quattro and she is absolutely torn on which one to get. The dealer hasone being held for her and the other is set to arrive in a week. So here is the issue...

Both have the PremiumPkg but only onehasthe Convenience Pkg and Nav.She has navigationnow in her Honda and she loves it but she is torn on the cost between the Audi's. the one with Nav and Convenience is about 50/mo more than the otherand from what we have read, the Nav seems to not be that great in the Audis so we don't know if it is worth it. She also hates the fact that with the Nav, you get the glove box CD changer that doesn't read burned CDs!

Cananyone out there please give me some of their opinions on the Nav in general and which routeyou think we should go???

Thanks!

Brad

Old 01-30-2007, 12:33 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Nav or No Nav - Trouble deciding, need opinions

i personally dont like stock nav systems, so i opted out against getting one in my car. im going to get a pioneer avic n3

Old 01-30-2007, 01:21 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: votblindub

i personally dont like stock nav systems, so i opted out against getting one in my car. im going to get a pioneer avic n3
I'd have to agree with votblindub, stock navigation systems dont seem as good as portable car GPS. I have a Garmin Nuvi 360 and its the greatest 600$ I've ever spent. The Nuvi is also top rated in consumer reports.

Old 01-30-2007, 06:02 PM
1st Gear

I just went through all this, and decided AGAINST the Audi nav. Too expensive and not very modern. You can get a Garmin Nüvi 680, (top of the line), for under a grand, or a TomTom GO 910 (top of the line again) for $600. Both do real-time traffic and have phone blue-tooth hands-free connections. Between the two I hear the Garmin is more accurate, and it's definitely more portable (folds flat, whereas the TomTom looks like a tiny iMac, the ones before hey went flat-panel). However the TomTom is cheaper and adds in iPod integration for just $30 more. Although to use that through your car stereo I think you need to find a way to connect the audi-out line… hmm, unless it will broadcast over an unused radio station? I just realized I don't know! ;-) Well anyway, I'm going portable (but obviously haven't bought mine yet).

good luck,
-Joseph

Old 01-30-2007, 06:08 PM
Default RENav or No Nav - Trouble deciding, need opinions

I don't like it at all if its fitted as standard just look whats happening in the UK and soon to be over there ( the fitted unit knows where you are - how fast your going - if your breaking the speed limit - linked to your police and insurance ( sat nav ) tells/ knows too much and called big eye in the sky ( big brother ) so watch what your fitting