New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to Audi....Looking at A4 models

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 06:22 PM
1st Gear
Smile New to Audi....Looking at A4 models

Hello!

Been scanning the site here and finally decided to register!

I have been in a quest for a new car for about a year now. Not that we NEED one but rather that I WANT one...LOL.....

I had never really considered Audi until my buddy who live in Colorado has been obsessed with a vehicle with All Wheel Drive. Reluctantly, I went on several "test drives" with him looking at A4 Sline 2008 models.

I enjoyed the experience but was "put off" by the vibration that every 2008 we tested (about 7 of them) had this issue (or normal ops according to the various Audi personnel we spoke with).

Don't get me wrong, the cars were fun....very impressed with the acceleration....but the vibration was something I could not overcome.

Fast forward to this past week......I finally took out a 2011 A4 2.0 Quattro and the vehicle had NO issues with the "park/stopped/idle" vibration at all!

The ride was VERY comfortable and the vibration was a non-player. The rep that we spoke with stated that in the "newer" models this has been resolved.

I thoroughly enjoyed the ride, the acceleration, the seemingly larger cockpit.....I believe that the 2011 A4 is larger by a tad.

Now I am researching, and hoping that the community here can help, a future purchase of an A4. I am NOT interested in the navigation system, although nice, something that I truly do not need. However, I am still trying to wrap my hands around the different options.

Every model I have looked at, and enjoy, is the premium plus packages. I have yet to experience any other versions (as they are not available locally).

The 8 spd transmission was very pleasant. I enjoyed the ability to go into sport mode but did not experience a "paddled" model. Every other car I have owned has been a manual transmission (love em). They did NOT have any manuals to test drive....ratz!

Anyhow, this is my intro and I hope to learn a great deal from everyone's experiences here!

Cheers!