New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Member "Hi" B5 Passat owner. AEB to AWM advice

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2019, 07:47 AM
1st Gear
Default New Member "Hi" B5 Passat owner. AEB to AWM advice

Good morning all, names Sam. I just signed up here to hopefully meet a bunch of good peeps with good advice. I'm a 20 year VW guy that just picked up a B5 Passat for a daily. Well about 2 months after I picked it up I lost the head gasket. But being a VW guy at heart I'm still driving the car on its 3rd set of plugs in 2 months lol. Well I came across an AEB head in great shape and just had the head shop do a full work over on it. So I have recently started looking into how to make this head go on my AWM 2005 Passat block. From what I can tell in my research I have come down to a these few things that I need to make this work.

1. Will be the 034 phenolic intake manifold spacer to use my AWM intake manifold

2. I need to use the exhaust cam gear from my AWM head? would like more reliable info on this.

3. Need to swap the cam trigger wheel from the intake cam on my AWM head to the AEB? 4 window?

4. I need to find someone to tune/code out the SAI system , Combi valve stuff? or I will get codes? I need to pass emission since I live in the great tax state of Connecticut. This is also something I'm trying to find more about.

As of right now that is what I have. From what I have searched so far on this swap, I have noticed I might be beating a dead horse on the topic. But Through all the smoke it seems to be hard to find the realistics of the it.

Well thanks for taking the time to read through this guys. I would appreciate any comments at all.