New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

old owner, new problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2004, 07:46 AM
Default old owner, new problem

Hey all, Nice forum, just registered and I'm going to kick off with a question, I have a A4 1.8T on a 1995 plate, with a duff turbo, the old unit is out, and the new K3 sits waiting in the garage for fitting, just exchanged the new item as the first replacement didn't work (!!!). The suppliers were cool, it looks like maybe I didn't clean out the system properly and some of the old Turbo fragments got into the new one, they still exchanged it though, but before I launch into fitting it, I was looking for a little guidance on not screwing things up again!! I am planning on removing the whole front end to make it easier to get to the whole intercooler and piping, and inlet stuff, then blasting it out with an airline. What about the cylinder block, is there an easy way to clean that out? Can anyone give me a breakdown of the components on the pipe between air filter and Turbo inlet port, and what the various bits on it do? Thanks for any help. WISH ME LUCK!!!

Old 11-25-2004, 09:37 PM
Ted
1st Gear
Default RE: old owner, new problem

Not to be rude, but help me out here. You put a new turbo on your 1.8t, was the new turbo bad, or did it just not fit. Also what made you want to change it out in the first place, did iy just stop making power, or start smoke'n alot or somthing? Just some quick advise, When putting a new turbo on, it is allways good to make shure you inlet and outlet oil lines are clean and flowing good. Also, you might want to clean out some of you intercooler pipes with some brake clean or somthing. They prolly have oil and other crap in them. Happy to see a new member. Good luck on your task, little more info and we should be able to help ya out.