New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Proud New PA A4 Owner Here!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 12:57 PM
Default Proud New PA A4 Owner Here!

Just bought (yesterday) my first Audi! Replaced my totaled '05 Grand Cherokee.

Year: 2000
Model: A4
Engine: 2.8
Drivetrain: Quattro
Tranny: 5 Speed Manual
Mileage: 98K (And well taken care of)
Color: Silver
Surprises thus far: All lines/pixels work on the LCD console display, as does Cruise Control and the Sun Roof

I love it so far, the ride is so comfortable, and the seats get nice and toasty (level 4 is all I need really).

My plans for it are relatively minimal at this point, as it is my DD and I've got two little girls that ride around with me as well. (Gotta try and keep the lollipops off of my leather seats! :-P)

Oh, and I'm located in New Holland, PA (between Lancaster and Reading, not far from Ephrata), I'm 28 years old, male, average build, and I enjoy long walks on the beach, quiet time curled up with a good book, and... oh, sorry... wrong forum.

Anyway, you can call me Paul... or Spoon... or Newb... or whatever you feel like really...

Ciao :-P

Old 01-06-2009, 06:14 PM
1st Gear

congrats on your purchase! im actually looking at a 2000 dark blue A4 quattro with 99k as well, but 1.8T.

any tips you can provide me as i will be test driving this baby in the next couple days.

thanks!

Old 01-07-2009, 09:00 AM

Basically just look through the forums here and find out what issues may concern you about it and ask questions. Never be afraid to ask questions. If you're buying from a dealership then ask if they'll do things like replace the timing belt for you before you purchase if they're not sure when it was replaced See how much it would be to get it inspected at a reputable dealership, if you're not buying it as a "certified pre-owned" or whatever the politically correct term is any more. Check the spacing between body panels and see if there's a large variation in the spaces between, that can indicate a problem with the frame or an accident in it's history. Request the Carfax report for the vehicle.

There's a ton more that I know I'm not saying, but you get the general idea. Sorry if some of this is obvious, but just covering a lot of aspects.

Check out this thread (it can be a little alarming, but a lot of people listed EVERYTHING that has gone wrong, just look for the common things in the posts):
https://www.audiforums.com/forum/b5-models-69/things-go-wrong-all-a4s-98258/

I think there was another thread with tips on purchasing a used vehicle. When/if I find it I'll post here again for you.

Old 01-07-2009, 09:18 AM

Here we go, I was right, there was another thread with tips on buying a used car, it was just on another site. Now don't shun me for looking at NASIOC (Subaru forums), I was shopping around after all, and I settled on an Audi anyway! :-P

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1222331

This is a really useful post for people buying any used car. If there's something similar here on this site then I apologize, but I haven't seen it as of yet.

Old 01-07-2009, 10:23 AM
1st Gear

thx for the tips! i'll be buying from a private seller who is an older lady that wants to get rid of the car because she no longer drives it (so she says!). i have requested a carfax and it seems clean with no accidents or anything.

i am honestly a noob at buying cars and this is my first car

let me see if i can dig up the carfax.

Old 01-11-2009, 10:43 PM
1st Gear

Hhaha nice car. What part of Pa, Im from pa to, Bloomsburg area.

Old 01-12-2009, 08:25 AM

I live in New Holland, near Ephrata, between Lancaster and Reading.