New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Two quick actions for ALL new members to do

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 10:19 PM
Super Moderator

Your bored...

Old 01-12-2011, 12:18 PM
1st Gear

Thanks awesome site,good place for audi lovers to mingle

Old 01-22-2011, 11:43 AM
1st Gear

Thanks I will add that stuff-

Old 01-23-2011, 11:39 PM
1st Gear
Default Thanks

Thanks for the post, good heads up info!

Old 01-23-2011, 11:58 PM
Senior Administrator

Originally Posted by ImTheDevil
First off, welcome to AudiForums. Whether you're just browsing in anticipation of possibly buying an Audi, you already have one and want more familiarity, or you're a hard-core enthusiast wanting to learn all you can, you'll find it here.

That being said, help us help you by doing the following two things. Go to your profile page (on the header bar all the way at the left, click on User CP), and add two items - a signature and a location. This may seem dumb but you can make life a lot easier by having this information available.

For your location, include a city and a state/province. If you are having trouble with your car, you may get help from another member local to you. This helps a lot with diagnostics - some of us have VagCom software and can scan/clear fault codes and annoying warning lights. Having your location posted makes it more likely that a local AFer will offer their help.

Second, create a signature. Whether or not you include a picture or mods is up to you, but at the least, put in your car's year, engine, transmission, and drivetrain (see mine below - 99 30vQM, meaning a 1999 30-valve V6, quattro, manual transmission). When you post about a problem with your car, we will need to know this stuff in order to help you fix the issue more often than not. Posting it in your sig saves the hassle of you typing it every time or us asking you every time.

It'll take you all of a minute or two to do this and it'll make your membership better and will help you when you need help. Thanks, and again, welcome.
Want to add:

Once you've done as ImTheDevil has suggested, it's time to go find the AudiForums section that applies to the Audi you own, or are interested with:
https://www.audiforums.com/forum/index.php

The layout is pretty simple. Find your interest, click on the link, read/post to share or ask for help with your issue.

Stop by the Off Topic section if you want to waste some time having good, clean(ish) fun.

Welcome to the Forums!

~Jazz

Old 01-25-2011, 10:40 AM
1st Gear

New Member, Checking in.

I'm Scott, I'm in Iowa, and just purchased my first Audi.

Per my Sig, its an '03 A6 2.7t Quattro. 80k on the clock, one scratch on the back bumper. Otherwise new. It's had ALL scheduled maintenance done at Audi of Des Moines.

Old 01-25-2011, 08:16 PM
1st Gear

Hey Im new to this forum and need help posting got any suggestions? Thanks

Old 01-25-2011, 09:16 PM
1st Gear

nice place to get some background on my car which i bought recently 2006 a4 2.0T. its been having oil issues so i decided to refer to you guys in any case

Old 01-30-2011, 11:01 AM
1st Gear
Default thanks

thanks

Old 02-01-2011, 12:27 AM
1st Gear
Default Thanks for the help!!

Im a new member, just purchased an 03 blue audi convertible with 113,000 miles. need all the help I can get. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Two quick actions for ALL new members to do