Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

Engine flush, especially helpful for turbo cars?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 04:49 PM
1st Gear
Default Engine flush, especially helpful for turbo cars?

I met a dude that swears he has this specially formulated magic goo that safely flushes engines for max performance/life. In addition to supposedly being able to prove that his product is safe on seals sensors and vitals (years of RnD.. supposedly) he claims that he can do a side by side comarison to any engine flush out there, and win.

What he claims is that you can take any off the shelf engine flush, flush your engine with it. After which, he immediately flushes the same engine with his product, supposedly yielding considerably more sludge. His product supposedly cleans the engine 50% more than any product out there, (beneficial to extending turbo life, engine life etc.)

He then uses Amsoil to lube it all up. Now I've heard nothing but bad things about flushing an engine with any of that harsh crap, as far as I know, it's just a big no no.
Any possible Merritt to this dudes claim, or just another bottle of snake oil?

I know that turbo engines are prone to sludge and gunk, very harsh on lubes, serious viscosity breakdown and vaporization of conventional lube. My buddies VW had sludge caked on the dipstick, only 59k on the clock, regular oil changes.

Whats the rule of thumb on maintaining these cars?

Any special method of changing oil for a diy guy? (sorry, new to Turbo cars, new to this site)

Last edited by eggy; 08-15-2008 at 05:04 PM.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:43 PM
3rd Gear

Any possible Merritt to this dudes claim, or just another bottle of snake oil?
i dont see how some homebrew concoction would work better then mobil1 with literaly millions upon millions of dollars in development behind it.

just change your oil regularly, use the biggest filter you can buy, and use fully synthetic all the time. also search for "seafoam"

Old 08-16-2008, 04:31 PM
1st Gear

Not the oil itself, but the flush. He supposedly concocted a flush. I found some info in here regarding seafoam. I'll keep that in mind.

Yes, I plan on using Mobil 1 or Amsoil or someshit. Thanks.