Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

my A4 B5 AWD wants some more hp.

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 08:33 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by turbo kraut
you know you will not get constant power with a turbo right?

not with a supercharger....
no i won't be able to get constant power out of a standard turbo but theoretically you can out of a electric because the electric turbo does not rely on the motor to operate.

Old 08-21-2010, 09:01 PM
1st Gear

i guess before i go any further with this i need to understand how much pressure is already produced in the throttle body and i think the only way to know this is using a boost gauge on the present setup.

Old 08-21-2010, 09:08 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by pbbg
no i won't be able to get constant power out of a standard turbo but theoretically you can out of a electric because the electric turbo does not rely on the motor to operate.
What your talking about is just a Electric Super Charger, not sure why you keep calling it a turbo.

Just like a normal SC it takes power to make power, a turbo is free power by using the exhaust gas flow.

Last edited by Mike-2ptzero; 08-21-2010 at 09:10 PM.
Old 08-21-2010, 09:14 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by pbbg
i guess before i go any further with this i need to understand how much pressure is already produced in the throttle body and i think the only way to know this is using a boost gauge on the present setup.
If your car is NA then it doesn't make boost it is making vacuum at the TB.

Old 08-21-2010, 09:25 PM
1st Gear

sorry not sure if it should be considered a turbo or SC but either way. i can't turbo my 2.8 and I don't want to sell and buy a new car and i want to explore this idea of an electric turbo. it has some weight to it and its a reasonible thing to follow up on.

that vaccum produces a negative pressure in the throttle body. what i need to know is what that negative pressure is so I have an idea of how much pressure or boost i need to make to see a performance gain.

Old 08-22-2010, 01:28 AM
4th Gear

Any type of added pressure will give you some type of gain, but will only give you peak hp gains if it can flow more air then what the motor can already suck in at high rpms.

Old 08-22-2010, 10:14 AM
Tech Guru

give us a link to this beastly turbo, maybe i will throw one on and make hood type power

Old 08-22-2010, 11:57 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Mike-2ptzero
Any type of added pressure will give you some type of gain, but will only give you peak hp gains if it can flow more air then what the motor can already suck in at high rpms.
so what i need to know is how much of a pressure loss is already made at peak rpms in the throttle body and a turbo produce a pressure so at peak rpms there is no pressure loss?

Old 08-22-2010, 11:59 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by turbo kraut
give us a link to this beastly turbo, maybe i will throw one on and make hood type power
http://www.greencar.com/articles/ele...ll-engines.php

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c4-f...ercharger.html

Old 08-22-2010, 10:04 PM
Tech Guru

right there it calls it a supercharger, yet you keep calling it a turbo..... and you would be better off getting a tornado and a chip