Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

My EBCsetup, your opinions/experience?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 09:33 PM
1st Gear
Default My EBCsetup, your opinions/experience?

Been a busy beaver with my 1.8T.

Just about finished getting everything ship-shape for my first run with the EBC plumbed in.

I would appreciate opinions and feedback on the intitial settings I dialed in.

I understand EBC+K03 isn't a recipe for perfection but aside from that I appreciate any wisdom imparted

Stock everything essentially.

New turbo with wastegate actuator set to roughly 7 psi.

EBC settings:

Low Boost: 7.5psi
Low Gain: 50%

High Boost: 10.5 psi
High Gain: 25%

Start boost: 3.5 psi (in the manual for the EBC it's example states - if set to 4psi, WG will begin to open at 6psi, since my WG is set to be fully open at 7 I figure setting the EBC start boost to 3.5 psi will be something like close to matching that timing; if that makes sense? this setting should have the wastegate opening around 5 - 5.5 psi by that example (4=6psi)

Warn: 11.5psi (if warn psi reached, EBC flashes red, limits boost)

Limit: can't remember % value but roughly 7.5 psi it equates to, activated at warn psi.

EBC is hooked up direct to actuator and boost source, N75 is connected electrically but closed looped vacuum so it has no influence at all.

So, my questions......

1) in one's experience, how would this behave?

2) What would you suggest i do to improve the setup and/or settings?

Cheers guys

Old 06-20-2015, 04:23 PM
1st Gear

Okay, no matter lol

If anyone is looking for basic settings for the BCU+ electronic boost controller on a 1.8T then here is what I found to work fairly well.

I do have a small vacuum leak at the EGR valve so it may be adjusted again afterI rectify that tomorrow.

Start boost: 5.0
Lo boost: 7.5
lo gain: 90
hi boost: 9.0
hi gain: 80
warn: 11.5
limit: 70%

seems to drive very nicely on lo boost, no "on/off switch" problems, boost comes on when you tell it to with the pedal and cruises at part throttle in a vacuum state.

Same goes for hi boost, with the obvious exception it picks up better when you poke it a little bit.

Sure it could go to 11.5 steady hi boost if no leaks were present and fuel delivery is healthy so maybe something for another time perhaps. It has certainly peaked close to that without complaint from the ecu so I assume it's a safe level to run. Only way to be sure would be to hook up a stoich gauge I suppose.