AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/nitrous-super-chargers-turbos-26/)
-   -   nos on my built s4 b5 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/nitrous-super-chargers-turbos-26/nos-my-built-s4-b5-118972/)

sloS4kid 11-19-2008 03:13 AM

nos on my built s4 b5

i am think about adding nos to my s4 b5 .....this is more or less a feeler and input on what ppl think weather it be from personal experiance or what they have heard i all ready have the kit from a old set up on my vr4 that i used to use it on and it ran great before after and during i am only thinking about shoot a 75-100 shot threw it or using it as a cooler on the intercoolers

Scott Long 11-19-2008 08:04 PM

Stock internals can hold a 150 hp wet kit. There was a guy on Audizine who had a really nice setup. He sold it all though, but said he wouldn't run more than 150 hp shot on stock internals. He said his car would light up all 4 tires from a roll when he got on the nitrous. And he clipped some pretty fast cars with his S4 on the spray.

Search on www.audizine.com forums for nitrous and see if you can find his posts.

sloS4kid 11-20-2008 06:48 AM

was he run pre turbo ......that what i am thinkin about doing plus what amount of boost was he running and on what turbo's ? i am running ko4's

xxbmxlsxx 11-25-2008 09:59 AM

throw a wet kit on that thing. call nos and talk to them about the jetting. id say start at 50 work your way up to 100 shot. just make sure the system can ONLY come on when your at wide open throttle, thats where you can run into problems. spray as close to the throttle body as possible. zex is good because not only do they learn wot but they will adjust the shot as pressure in your bottle drops. i run straight forward setups with micro switches but zex is the safest for someone who is new to nitrous. but purple is freakin gay so paint the bottle and the solenoid box. run a colder spark plug with a smaller gap. should be awesome

xxbmxlsxx 11-25-2008 10:03 AM

im actually going to swap the kit from my ls to my b5 s4 this winter.

SleeperA6 11-26-2008 03:10 PM

k04's stage 3? or just k04's i'd be worried if you're just k04's and not full stage 3 as you are already running your engine lean that point, and nos + lean engine = lots of $$ hahah

otherwise if youre full stage 3 that would be funn, and is your engine built? whp as of now?

sloS4kid 11-28-2008 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by SleeperA6 (Post 998976)
k04's stage 3? or just k04's i'd be worried if you're just k04's and not full stage 3 as you are already running your engine lean that point, and nos + lean engine = lots of $$ hahah

otherwise if youre full stage 3 that would be funn, and is your engine built? whp as of now?

i am dyno @ as of right now @389whp and 326wtq and yes it is the full stage stage 3 kit

sloS4kid 11-28-2008 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by xxbmxlsxx (Post 998318)
throw a wet kit on that thing. call nos and talk to them about the jetting. id say start at 50 work your way up to 100 shot. just make sure the system can ONLY come on when your at wide open throttle, thats where you can run into problems. spray as close to the throttle body as possible. zex is good because not only do they learn wot but they will adjust the shot as pressure in your bottle drops. i run straight forward setups with micro switches but zex is the safest for someone who is new to nitrous. but purple is freakin gay so paint the bottle and the solenoid box. run a colder spark plug with a smaller gap. should be awesome

i am using my zex kit that i have used on several of my honda's and just decieced that i want to put it on there more or less for the fun and just incase lol plus it kinda fun lol...i aint a noob to nos lol

SleeperA6 11-28-2008 03:25 AM

there was a guy running a stage 3 b5 s4 with stock internals and 150 shot of nos, but how long did his engine last? enough to make a couple passes at the track :) jk..i think you should be able to get 460whp safely

and if you have the kit and want to try it out on my car let me know im down hahaha :D

sloS4kid 12-01-2008 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by SleeperA6 (Post 999686)
there was a guy running a stage 3 b5 s4 with stock internals and 150 shot of nos, but how long did his engine last? enough to make a couple passes at the track :) jk..i think you should be able to get 460whp safely

and if you have the kit and want to try it out on my car let me know im down hahaha :D

i do have the kit i called zex and they told the kit i have been running on my hondas is the same kits that the ship for audi's and severall other cars of the same nature so i would be all up for trying it out plus that way we can see how ba it really willl be i am doing sum major up grades as of rite now to my tranny which a lot of ppl are gonna hate ......lol lets just stay if it can be done it will be done and top speed my gearing numbers is well over 200!!! now let me make the power i know there are several cars stock production that can do it with rite at or just under 500whp and the rite gears which i have got the ponys now i am gettting the gears.....

as for the guy spraying 150 on his motor hear is my delima do A- just turn the boost up higher so i dont shock my motor with the bottle or B- keep the boost numbers i am running now and just spray 75 for awhile then 100 and leave it alone @ that but set it up on a intake presure swith so it shuts off as son as my tubro's spool up which would basically giving me power off the line .....lol kinda like a synentic supercharger lol jk ....any rate or C do a two stage running a 100 shot pre boost and the a second stage that will stay runing after the motor hits boost aand spray 75 shot thre all the gears with it i dont know i have seen and thought of several opoinons on how to do this setup i know this i will be but the question is in what setup and and how big of numbers......lol