Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

STS Turbo for 2.8 30v?

Old 09-16-2006, 05:05 PM
1st Gear
Default STS Turbo for 2.8 30v?

Ok...Ok...I just read the post a few down about the STS on the 3.0L or whatever it was. My question was, would a company that already chips (GIAC...ect.) be able to tune their chip for a turbo, or would I have to piggyback? I'm still new to Audi's (Just got mine 3 weeks ago) and being 18, it would be easier to save in smaller chunks with the STS universal, then ECU management, and other parts needed. I guess another question I've got is, would it seem more logical for me to just PES or tune with the STS because from what I've seen on dyno's, PES isn't quite powerful enough, but would work if I didn't have any other choice.

Old 09-17-2006, 11:49 PM
Default RE: STS Turbo for 2.8 30v?

I actually had an insparation for turbo for this cars like the STS done, problem with that limited to like 15 psi and creates some unwatned or wanted sound.

Old 09-18-2006, 06:49 PM
Senior Administrator

I just say a piece on Trucks, I think it was, on Speed Channel, last night about the STS system, so I swung by their website. I'm in a similiar boat, except I'm a LOT older, drive a A8 as opposed to the A4, am about to get an almost $700/month raise, and... I guess I'm not much like you at all, huh?

So, anyway, yeah, I'm thinking about doing a bit more research on teh STS universal kit, and how practical it would be to TT my D2.

As far as teh chip goes, any decent installer'll do a rolling-road test to fine-tune your chip. If your car were pressurized PRIOR to taking it in, I'd think they'd hafta tuen it to the turbo. I would think, anyway...

Old 09-18-2006, 08:10 PM
1st Gear

Ok, I was just under my car today...yes...I'm very skinny haha....No, it was on ramps. But I was wondering if an STS system was done, where it would go exactly. Seems the only space for a boost tube would be in the exhaust channel, and there's no room for another tube. Would it be possible to go to single exaust RIGHT after the cats and take out what I'm guessing is the resonator (the HUGE Muffle/cat looking thing between the normal muffler and cats, LoL) and then slap the turbo up in there, and run a normal sized boost tube until I get to the cats, and then would it be possible to squeeze the tube so it's thinner so it would fit either above or below the cats? Damn Audi for creating awesome vehicles, haha, there's no room on them. I had a Toyota Pickup before and I could pretty much be on my knees and still be below the bottom of it. I'm just worried about dragging/smashing the intake tube cause of the huge speed bumps in my town, and I'm not even lowered yet

Old 09-30-2006, 02:57 PM
1st Gear

yea, i have a 2.8 too and its so hard to get any more power out this car. A turbo set up would be ideal. Also Im confused about what Kakarot said about running only 15 psi. Wat turbo were you refering too? Because there are turbos that can create double the power of the PES system at low psi. The only big issue would be tuning. Would you risk running it without tuning?

Old 09-30-2006, 06:43 PM

let me eleborate. You can onlu use small turbo. Why, couse till the gas reaches the turbo it would be cool, AKA dens but low speed. Unless you increase the velocity, aka smaller tube. That would increase the back presure. And ultimatly blowing up the exaust.

You can only use up to like 5 psi of back preasure. And temperature is like no more that 300F so it ends up little power. and you HAVE to use smaller turbo. and that limits the boost and Flow that turbo can produce.

AS WELL.
becouse far away from the engine, you will have low response, or big lag.
And becouse turbo is far away, that also creates big lag.

So basically, its an easy solution, but not so great on performence.

And it was ones on Trucks and then was on HorsePower shows on chanel Spike. program called PowerblockTV evry sunday and saturday.
on trucks was Turboed a truck, not a lot of gain. And then on Horsepower was TC a Corvete. Now on Corvete the exaust is very short. on a truck its long. And on corvete was used dual and truck was used a single.

It can be posible to use the resonators to turbo. but I hope there is enough deapth to put them.

Old 09-30-2006, 07:29 PM
1st Gear

I hope someone tries a custom STS or different turbo setup on a 2.8 super soon...great, now I'm excited! Haha. One day, just one day, I'll have a car that can spin all 4 well into 2nd gear If it could create more hp than a PES supercharger, then I would be stoked..

Old 10-01-2006, 02:18 AM

PES, or in other words SC system is MORE responsive that the STS turbo setup. So I would want the SC becouse of that. And couse my exaust is rusted through. And any back preasure will blow it up literary.

Old 10-01-2006, 11:43 PM
1st Gear

I'll be the first to buy a turbo kit for my 2.8 IF they come out with some decent tuning that comes with it. Otherwise it wont run smoooth at all, like the PES kit (that comes with tuning). Like I asked earlier, what tuning would be used? There isnt much for our cars.

Old 10-02-2006, 12:55 AM

PIGGY BACK.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: STS Turbo for 2.8 30v?