AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/nitrous-super-chargers-turbos-26/)
-   -   T4 turbo in stock A4 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/nitrous-super-chargers-turbos-26/t4-turbo-stock-a4-74549/)

VTAudiA4Q 09-08-2007 12:01 AM

T4 turbo in stock A4

Hello everyone, yes I'm new to this turbo stuff pls take it easy on me. Anyway, I just got a 1997 A4 1.8tqa from someone who didn't know what they were doing and didn't bother to ask. They blew the stock turbo andreplaced it with a cheep T4, aftermarket from a company that is no longer in business.Can I run a T4 in this stock A4, if so what shouldI have for hot and cold A/R and what should the trim be, or is there some simple mods I can do and what would they be? Thanks for any help.

Bondga 09-08-2007 02:15 AM

RE: T4 turbo in stock A4

yeah it can be done on stock internals but not on stock tunning or injectors. but I'm not sure i understand what your saying, there is already a t4 in your car or your putting one? if there is already one in there you cant change the A/R without getting a new turbo. if your thinking of putting one in there, there will be no simple or cheap to it.

VTAudiA4Q 09-08-2007 11:36 AM

Thanks for your responce. I bought the car with a T4 in it, but it is bad and needs to be replaced hence A/R and trim question. I would just like to know minimum mods to make a fresh T4 work, or if I can replace with smaller turbo with same set up?

Bondga 09-08-2007 01:44 PM

well if he already had one in there with tunning i would use the same specs as the blown one as it is probably tunned to that. if you dont know what they are see if you can find a serial code on the blown one and google it. you can put a diff turbo on there as long as it meets up with the manifold. but then you'll need to adjust the tunning to match. you could drop it to a T3 if you wanted to. you'll probably need to stay in the T series though as GT turbos have different mounting flanges and will require a diff manifold.

cincyTT 09-08-2007 06:10 PM

I dont think the OP has any idea whats going on also. The T4 turbos are MASSIVE sized turbos and are for cars making 600+ hp. Pics of what your talking about would make more sense than your explainations. Could be a ebay ko3/4 turbo he is refiering to. Take some pics of the setup and i can help you out more

VTAudiA4Q 09-09-2007 12:01 PM

Hello, just so we are on the same page... this is a STOCK A4, no tuning, no fuel pump, no injectors, no intake. This is a kit that he ordered from a company named "XSPOWER", and he didn't have any of the paperwork for it, so I looked them up on the web and the domain is now for sale so I assume they are out of business. Anyway here are some pics. Thanks Michael

VTAudiA4Q 09-09-2007 12:31 PM

Pictures...

cincyTT 09-09-2007 04:25 PM

Please buy a stock turbo and manifold setup, ko4 setup or a REAL turbo upgrade. If you dont, this chinese crap will break in no time. You can get stock stuff really cheap on here in the classifieds and over on vwvortex. The sooner the better so you dont get stuck on the side of the road somewhere

Bondga 09-09-2007 05:57 PM

how are you running a t4 with no injectors or tunnig, even at 3psi your cfm would well surpass a k03

cincyTT 09-09-2007 07:03 PM

its one of those generic t3t4 turbos ssautocrap sells. But its a race between the turbo blowing and manifold cracking