Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

Turbo on 2.8?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 12:04 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Turbo on 2.8?

what difference does it make if its quattro? what im planning to do is put 1 small turbo on the left exhaust manifold where the stock intake belongs, and leave the other side manifold stock..would that be bad?

Old 01-05-2006, 10:21 PM

bad idea, you need equality between banks (left = right engine).
the diference between FWD and AWD audies is that tranny ends in FWD while in AWD tranny continues and there is a bunch of parts at the end of the tranny.
It is possibele to have single turbo on V6 but only when both banks are working together, meaning both manifolds join together and spin turbo, creating equal back pressure in the heads. it is possible only on FWD becouse you can mount and fead the turbo after the tranny.

Got it? the principle is very easy, also it creates slick sleeper.

Old 01-07-2006, 02:41 AM
1st Gear

yes sir, i understand it now..thanks alot for your help
ORIGINAL: kakarot

bad idea, you need equality between banks (left = right engine).
the diference between FWD and AWD audies is that tranny ends in FWD while in AWD tranny continues and there is a bunch of parts at the end of the tranny.
It is possibele to have single turbo on V6 but only when both banks are working together, meaning both manifolds join together and spin turbo, creating equal back pressure in the heads. it is possible only on FWD becouse you can mount and fead the turbo after the tranny.

Got it? the principle is very easy, also it creates slick sleeper.

Old 01-07-2006, 01:57 PM

welcome.

Old 08-14-2011, 10:53 PM
1st Gear

Im interested in finding out if you followed through on the turbo project and how did it work out? I've built American muscle then found Audi and have been hooked!! Now my wrenching hand is itching to get this machine onto the rack and start building. I have been thinking about a rebuild with stronger internals and twin turbos, but have been thinking that starting with a bi-turbo s trim would be the best way to start this adventure into German muscle.

Old 09-06-2011, 10:56 PM
1st Gear

Honestly, the better investment would be to sell the A4 and get an S4, both turbos there, saved you a bunch of money/designing/headache/etc. Not that I'm against building the 2.8, but when it comes down to it, you can pick up an S4 for a deal now.

Old 09-08-2011, 05:43 PM
1st Gear

Thanks for the info. I was talking to some others that own the S4 and that seems to be the general answer.

Old 02-27-2012, 07:03 PM
1st Gear
Talking

I was wondering if it was a good idea to get a single turbo along with a supercharger from superchargertuning.com for my 96 2.8 Audi a4.? My car is bone stock atm, n would like to make it sound better. Lmk thanks!

Old 02-27-2012, 07:20 PM
1st Gear

Is your car FWD or Quattro? If Quattro then a single turbocharger is a bad idea as you will have an imbalance in the back pressure between the two banks of cylinders.

Old 02-28-2012, 10:45 AM
I'm make believe

Originally Posted by 96 Audi A4
I was wondering if it was a good idea to get a single turbo along with a supercharger from superchargertuning.com for my 96 2.8 Audi a4.? My car is bone stock atm, n would like to make it sound better. Lmk thanks!
Both are challenging on a 96 and there is no off the shelf tuning. A custom turbo setup matched with a fmu should hand a nice bump in power. Everything will be custom so know a good fab guy

Originally Posted by shipo
Is your car FWD or Quattro? If Quattro then a single turbocharger is a bad idea as you will have an imbalance in the back pressure between the two banks of cylinders.
nothing you posted makes sense.

Quick Reply: Turbo on 2.8?