Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

will this fit?

Old 01-08-2011, 12:39 PM
Tech Guru

i've been following mikes/yours/his other thread.... i know this.....

and he post some of the most obscure threads.... but he means well

i just tend to ignore people like that or if they are spewing bad information i will correct them... but if what they say doesn't hurt he gets no response

Old 01-08-2011, 12:51 PM
Tech Slut

Yea, me and him emailed back and forth a few months ago when he was looking into a 50 trim build. He really just wants to get as much info as possible, which is cool, but he needs to be willing to listen for just a bit longer before responding. He did ask me the same questions like 50 times in those emails lol. And I recently quit smoking with Chantix, which has made me "pissier" than usual. So if I'm ever an *******, which is probably frequent, just say so, no biggie.

Old 01-08-2011, 01:11 PM
Tech Guru

i think this **** is funny... cause i will probably never know as much as you guys about turbos or that ****, but that is ok with me..... and i will ask a few questions here and there and if i think your response is bunk i will ask someone else... not fight you on it

know if i know something and "you" tell me or someone else a completely left field answer then i will call you on it

Old 01-09-2011, 08:24 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by FasterA4ThanUrs
Adding to that, my fmic is too small for my setup. When I can swing getting a new core, I will bet my life that my power levels jump by a very significant amount to the wheels. Now If i was to slap on your fmic, I would lose an insane amount of power. You're just wrong man, plain and simple.
Too small is one thing.
Efficiency difference (same size) from one (cheap) to another (expansive) is what I talking about. See my example: a 10% larger, cheap IC works better than a 2% more efficient (but 10% smaller) expansive IC.

The question was not right or wrong size, but if cheap ebay IC work. They do!

Old 01-09-2011, 11:51 AM
Tech Slut

Originally Posted by FasterA4ThanUrs
Ebay front mounts are worthless if youre looking to make real power.
This was what I said. They are too small for a big turbo kit. From here I explained that.
Originally Posted by vtraudt
I disagree with your statement.
You disgreed.
The question was not right or wrong size, but if cheap ebay IC work. They do!
No it wasnt. Read back.

Old 01-11-2011, 11:06 AM
4th Gear

But unless you source FROM THE MANUFACTURER, you likely will get similar quality from second hand 'custom kit' resellers, who charge $750 to over $1,000 for the same stuff.

If you are concerned about a percent in performance, add 10% to the heat exchanger area (in my case, I have a whopping 10% more heat exchanger than a 2.5 thick unit, and it will certainly outperform a 3x more expansive 2.5 thick unit!).

Do you have acual hard data to back that up? Please feel free to post up all the data logs showing flow and IAT readings showing that your larger cheap kit out performs those higher priced kits. I already know people that went cheap kit and then went to a higher price kit and saw a big difference. Nothing out performs the ER kits period and we have even tested it against a custom FMIC that was 3.5" thick and the ER still ended up giving better results and that was running a GT2871r elim kit.

I bet if I had ER make a custom FMIC using a 2.3" Garrett core it would make your lower cost Ebay kit look cheap. There is a reason those FMIC kits cost less, because they use cheap low quality parts and have them welded up in China. But hey if you like putting china made parts on your car thats your choice. I would rather put parts that were made right here in this country by companies that actually support our community.

Search this Thread