North East ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NJ, NY, PA

A6 WAS STOLEN

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 01:28 PM
1st Gear
Default A6 WAS STOLEN

Hi my name is Tom and I am new to this forum and many others like it. My a6 was stolen last october and then subsequently recovered a month later in really bad shape. Long story short my insurance company totalled the car but denied my claim. This has been going on for 8 months now. I was just recently denied and have since gotten a lawyer. My lawyer amongst many things has told me to do some research as to how a 2001 audi a6 2.7t could be stolen without a key. I lost a key at my marina many months prior but the insurance company denied my claim stating that there was no signs of forced entry and or damage to the steering column and they don't buy the fact that my key was lost, or even believe if someone had gotten ahold of it they would have stolen my car. I'm going from forum to forum asking experienced individuals like yourself to give me a heads up as to if and how my car could have been stolen if the thief didn't have the key without leaving any damage behind. I would appreciate any help you guys can give me. If you don't feel comfortable posting here as to how to steal a car, essentially the info I am looking for, then please call me at 978-979-5995, my name is Thomas Gagnon and I live in beverly ma. I swear there is no scam here, just at my ropes end as too what to do.

Thanks everyone

Old 06-19-2008, 07:05 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: A6 WAS STOLEN

I am not an expert but there are many ways to steal a car without a key! Everybody knows how to pick a door lock, then playing with wires will geyt the alarm disable and the car started

Old 06-22-2008, 02:42 PM
5th Gear

what that's bullshit. your insurance company is full of freaking dumb focks. if you're a computer wiz you can write a program for any random key remote to scramble the code. they probably have been following you for a while. keys are useless, they only provide convenience

Old 07-10-2008, 12:49 PM
1st Gear

Can you elaborate on this, my lawyer has asked that I do some of my own research to try and figure out how someone might have stolen my car, I did lose a key back last july but I don't think the insurance company buys this fact though. I don't think there was some masked mastermind behind this whole thing, I think it was someone who just got ahold of my key and had a good time for a couple of weeks. But if you could elaborate on how someone may use a program to steal the car I would appreciate it, maybe some examples if you have them, etc.

Thanks again

Old 07-13-2008, 05:40 PM
2nd Gear

cant you also get a key made just based on the VIN...which you can see through the window.

Old 07-14-2008, 08:27 AM
1st Gear

Boy, what a scam your insurance co is pulling. You mean, they claim its impossible to steal a car without a key?
My wife locked herself out of a B5 A4 once and a locksmith got her into the car without setting off the alarm. This was3 or 4 yearsago and she doesn't rememberwhat the guydid.Even if the alarm did go off, nobody pays attention to them anyway.

Old 07-15-2008, 11:46 PM
1st Gear

maybe they had a flatbed, came and took your car n hauled ***, maybe it got repo'd or maybe ur lying. no disrespect but that does sound fetchy that u lost ur key n all of a sudden ur car was stolen, put urself as the insurance guy n someone came at u with that story. true or untrue sounds kinda sketchy.

Old 07-17-2008, 07:08 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: ashezplayboy

maybe they had a flatbed, came and took your car n hauled ***, maybe it got repo'd or maybe ur lying. no disrespect but that does sound fetchy that u lost ur key n all of a sudden ur car was stolen, put urself as the insurance guy n someone came at u with that story. true or untrue sounds kinda sketchy.
a very good point but i dont think he would come on the forum to tell us this if it wasnt true.?

Old 07-22-2008, 10:44 AM
1st Gear

What are you paying your lawyer for?? He seems to have you doing all the work!!!

Old 07-24-2008, 11:29 PM
4th Gear

if you live in a bad area, i guess that could be a cause, but if you lost a key to your car, how did the person who found the key know exactly which car it went to.

Quick Reply: A6 WAS STOLEN