AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   North East (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/north-east-38/)
-   -   APR Install around NYC? (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/north-east-38/apr-install-around-nyc-181450/)

BrianNYC 04-03-2012 07:43 AM

APR Install around NYC?

Hi,

Just bought my first Audi. I picked up a 2011 Lava Gray 2.0T Quattro in S-line trim. Looking to get APR Stage I installed someplace in or near NYC. Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Brian

xalents23 04-03-2012 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by BrianNYC (Post 1375399)
Hi,

Just bought my first Audi. I picked up a 2011 Lava Gray 2.0T Quattro in S-line trim. Looking to get APR Stage I installed someplace in or near NYC. Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Brian

There are a few APR dealers in NYC. Just go to APR's website and put in our address and locate the closest APR dealer near you. Or you can also just remove your ECU yourself and send it directly to APR. Save money on your end on doing it yourself. Not hard at all and they have a write-up on removing your ECU on their website. You will be without a car for about 3 days tops. Plus APR is having a special on all there products until April 21st.

BrianNYC 04-03-2012 05:38 PM

Thanks for the feedback. I saw the listing on their website, but I was hoping to get some recommendations from people that have dealt with a shop that they liked.

JohnnyMoseley 04-05-2012 11:09 AM

This is the shop i use... here are some reviews. Its in Mahwah NJ

EuroTech Motorsports

jerritt 05-02-2012 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by BrianNYC (Post 1375536)
Thanks for the feedback. I saw the listing on their website, but I was hoping to get some recommendations from people that have dealt with a shop that they liked.

I got mine done by 212 Motoring just off the Belt pkwy. good, fast service. theyve done two for me so far. theres also a company called Tryol or something in Ridgewood

jerritt 06-03-2012 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by BrianNYC (Post 1375536)

Have you gotten one done yet? If not im going to have to change my recommendation... I went to Audi last week after my foot well in my rear seat was flooded. Audi told me that the seal near my fuse box and ecu was broken and replaced it for me. Turns out the people at 212 Motoring messed it up on install of my APR flash. I went to Tyrolsport in Ridgewood Queens to have my car reflashed as Audi had to flash it back to stock when I brought it in to them. I called 212 and they were charging me $100 to reflash. Tyrolsport charged me the same $100 so I figured it better to go with someone who didnt mess up with me. I loved their shop, super clean white everything. Well kept, not messy like most shops. You gotta assume if they keep their shop that clean theyll treat your car with the same respect. They are very thorough and know their stuff. Headed back there for all my future mods.

BrianNYC 06-04-2012 01:34 PM

Thanks for the update. I have not gotten it done yet. I did speak with Tyrolsport when I was considering it, and they seemed really professional.

However, I am holding off right now due to the TD1 issue. I bought preowned that still had factory warranty left. With the addition of the certification process from Audi, I have a really substantial warranty that I don't want to jeopardize. Thinking of exploring Stasis instead at this point.

EuropeanExchange 06-18-2014 02:43 PM

European Exchange

European Exchange, Inc.

240 Lodi Street
Hackensack, NJ 07601
Phone: 201-880-6633
Fax: 201-487-4707
Email: european@europeanexchange.com

Transmission Shop North NJ