North East ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NJ, NY, PA

E.PA GTG Fun Run Pics

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 10:15 PM
3rd Gear
Default E.PA GTG Fun Run Pics

What a great day!

Everyone showed up before 11AM and, after a few introductions we were off on a 25 mile drive over some pretty cool country roads in Upper Bucks County. Sorry, no pics were taken of the drive, but let it be known the roads were awesome!

We traveled down some twisty back roads that would occasionally open up with some rolling straights. At a few places we had some high speed runs that would demand a hard brake to make 90 degree turns with little road camber to help at speed. They were labeled 15mph turns, but if you took the line right, you could take the corner at 35mph. We also had to keep a sharp eye out for frost-heave potholes - the winter was rough this year on these roads. And, as I warned the other drivers, there were two drop-offs that could get you airborn if you weren't paying attention - they demanded under 20mph crossings.

The best part of the drive was unarguably the twisty backwoods roads. These twisties got tight in some areas. They had no shoulders with ditches on the side, had an occasional one lane stone bridge, and a pair of wild turkeys, but they were a lot of fun. Everyone seemed to like Fleecydale Road. Fleecydale is a narrow twisty that is bordered by a brook on one side and a cliff that rises up on the other. It winds its way through a lightly wooded canyon - what a view - we even saw a family of whitetail deer! The combination of these conditions was great for testing driver skill and Quattro superiority.

We finished the drive at Dilly's, a couple of miles north of trendy New Hope. The hamburger joint was hopping with bikers and soccer moms, but there was just enough room for us. We parked and, after a few comments about the ride we ordered burgers and chicken fingers. Our group caused some interest, too. A couple of envious soccer dads walked around our cars (in Audi dreamland). Even a lil' ol' lady pulled up in her Porsche 924 and asked where she could get her Audi S4 chipped. It was funny watching Alex promote AWE to a lady in her fifties who was carrying a couple of potted plants in the back of her Porsche!

After an hour of relaxing, I took everyone for an E-ticket ride in the S4 with its new AWE setup. I took each passenger up the steep incline of Rte 263 - up to 80mph well before cresting the hill. Everyone seemed impressed with the AWE setup - even Brian and his fiance Caitlin (sp?) were convinced it's time to upgrade Brian's stock S4.

Then we all said our farewells and left Dilly's. It was a perfect 75 degree AUDI Sunday in Eastern PA.

The pics were taken at Dilly's.

[IMG]local://upfiles/370/EA82EFD8F3D340C2B5AC569F22C4385D.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/370/B8116DED1BD04FDDA3A1F0A9C2C8C2DC.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-17-2005, 10:52 PM
rs
2nd Gear
Default RE: E.PA GTG Fun Run Pics

only 2 pics? [sm=dontgetit.gif]

Old 04-17-2005, 11:00 PM
6th Gear

Nice, wish I lived closeby. Do I see an RS4 badge on a S4?

Old 04-17-2005, 11:17 PM
3rd Gear

It's my RS4 grill.
I don't mind the badge now that I have the AWE/RSKO4 kit, ic's, manifolds, dp's, and the RS4 clutch and lightweight flywheel... blah, blah, blah. Close enough for me. Once I add the RS4 wide body kit, I won't have any issue with the badge at all.

I don't know... I may take it off anyway. 'Not sure how I feel about it yet.

Old 04-17-2005, 11:19 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: rs

only 2 pics? [sm=dontgetit.gif]
Only 2 worth posting. I took about 6 shots only. As I said, none from the drive - I was busy.

Old 04-18-2005, 02:45 AM
3rd Gear

Did anyone notice the ParisDakar BMW in the background?

We were commenting on how many enduro bikes we saw today. There were almost as many off road bikes packed up with gear as there were Harleys and rice rockets.

Old 04-18-2005, 12:15 PM
1st Gear

I think the RS4 badge is fine. Its about at close to an RS4 as you can get without ordering one. Since they didnt sell over here you made one. Id leave it on. It will let people know that you have "something" done without popping the hood. Its quite subtle too. Its not like you have a huge windsheild banner that says something obnoxious.

EDIT: Forgot to say, it looks but mostly sounds like yall had an excellent day!!

Old 04-18-2005, 02:08 PM
Site Moderator

when you got the shizzle to back it up, an RS4 badge is acceptable to me, buddah!

You need to take better pics, Imola!

Old 04-19-2005, 12:20 AM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: brrman
You need to take better pics, Imola!
Better? Or more?

Oh... and yeah... I got the shizzle my friend.

Old 04-20-2005, 01:18 PM
4th Gear

damn sounds like a good time, and u def need more pics