North East ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NJ, NY, PA

Short Rant - Zumbach Motors

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 03:01 AM
2nd Gear
Default Short Rant - Zumbach Motors

Short Rant.
Took my car in for 25k service. Had an appointment. Had a few minor additional items to be corrected. Wiper blades are shot, streaks even when using glass polish, service tech says sorry, cant replace them unless there are visible cracks. Headlight get condensation...service rep says sorry cant do anything unless there are cracks in the housing.
Hmmm...

Anyway, they have my car all day. I call in at 3pm to make sure car is ready. No one can tell me, only my service rep has that info...so they put me to his line. No answer. I leave a message, I am coming in to pick up the car, call me if there is any problem. No call. I get to the dealer at 5:15. Service rep says "did I tell you it would be done today?"
You have to be kidding....I say, I had an appointment today, why would you give me a scheduled appointment if you could not finish a routine 25k service. He says, well they have been really busy. I say, why didn't you call me back and let me know that my car was not finished, so I didn't have to waste my time coming here to find out. He says, "i am sorry, it has been a really busy day" oh...such crap. So they won't replace worn parts, can't keep to the schedule that they set, or have the courtesy to call me and let me know that they did not complete the work...oh and they charged me for the NY State inspection that I asked for when I dropped the car off.

Brilliant.

Anyone have a decent service department to recommend. I have already tried Jack Daniels in Saddle River NJ and they were not much better.

Old 06-22-2006, 06:42 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Short Rant - Zumbach Motors

Not sure how good the are, but there is

Life Quality Audi in brooklyn. 65th St. in Bay Ridge

Old 06-23-2006, 06:23 AM
dan
2nd Gear

I bought my car from Town motors in NJ, their sales guys were great, I never got to use their service dept though since I live 2 hours away

May be worth giving them a shot though

Old 06-23-2006, 01:32 PM
1st Gear

Anchor Audi in Lynbrook is pretty good.

Old 06-24-2006, 05:53 PM
1st Gear

I haven't had too bad of experiences with Bell Audi in Rahway (despite this now that the car just came off warrently I'll likely take it elsewhere). Althought, I don't know if they'll give you a loner if the car wasn't purschased there...

Old 07-08-2006, 08:51 PM
4th Gear

http://1.8t.org/dealers/

Good luck finding a good stealership.

Old 07-15-2006, 03:52 PM
1st Gear

Zumbach is HORRIBLE. Unbeliveable that they charge 118 an hour for labor, the mercedes dealership I go to to service the ML is cheaper which is just ridiculous. Im going to try to go to lynbrook I know exactly where that dealership is, its right on sunrise about 40 minutes away from the city. I asked zumbach how much would they charge for a new clutch, they quoted me 2k!!! I got a Stage II clutch with install for 1k. What a rip these guys are.

Old 09-01-2006, 10:01 PM

Stay away from Bell Audi NJ:
Manager: Vito
Service: Jamie (very arrogant, especially if you give any indication that you dont know what he is talking about
Service: Mike: OK to deal with
Sales: Extrememly friendly when selling the car with promises of all service met.

Have a certified 01.5 43K car with 1 yr warrenty fully maintained by them. All oil changes by Bell Audi, Engine Flush at 30K. Bought car less than 2yrs ago with 20K miles Ultra Sport edition, xenon, premium sound, cold weather, bose, 17", Lowered, etc
They refused to replace tires that had less than 5K miles after bubbles appeared on side walls. Paid $250x2 for new ones.
2 weeks ago Im driving thru Holland Tunnel coming from NYC, and the battery light comes on.... I can see all power is failing...
Im freaking out, my car will break down in Tunnel. As I get out, I feel a jolt, and all lights are flashing. I toe the car in.
Suddenly Im the victim and its my fault topwing to them at night and posting keys.
They diagnose, I need new Alternator, Battery, and Timing Belt. $2800 + $330 diagnosis.
I have a trained mechanic call them back to verify what was wrong. Now the story changes... Now they are willing to rebuild the alternator to help out. Jamie is less arrogant now, because he ius speaking with a mechanic. I look online, and realize Audi Assured Warrenty cover me on the alternator. I call back and now they confirm they will give me the alterntor and charge just the $50 deductible.... like he is doping me a big favor. So I refuse the belt, and battery and tell him to give me just the alternator for $50.
He calls me back and tells me the car is ready, however it wont start, the check engine light is on, there may be a problem with emmisions, and I owe the, additional for more diagnosis.

My car is still sititng at the dealer...I need a lawyer. Any suggestions? I paid $23K for this car less than 2 yrs ago and they refuse to fix the Time belt despite the manual states 90K for replacement.

Im done with Audi and stay away from Rahway

Old 09-05-2006, 11:00 AM
2nd Gear

Ask if they charged the battery? If not, ask them to charge it and see if it starts.

Why do they want to replace the timing belt? Isn't it a warranty item too?