AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   North East (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/north-east-38/)
-   -   VAGCOM needed (Reading, PA) - will buy beer (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/north-east-38/vagcom-needed-reading-pa-will-buy-beer-196602/)

computermod14 06-20-2013 08:27 AM

VAGCOM needed (Reading, PA) - will buy beer

My compressor is not kicking on and the ECON light is always lit. I am in dire need to find someone nearby with a VAGCOM to get the exact code before buying any parts I may assume that it is. I am willing to pay in beer or cash for some assistance. Please let me know!

Thanks

CRAZYHAWK 06-20-2013 05:34 PM

You didn't indicate the year and model.

You could buy a code reader on ebay.

Get a VW/AUDI model.

Get Canbus for 2005 to present.

computermod14 06-20-2013 10:05 PM

07 A4 Quattro 2.0

CRAZYHAWK 06-21-2013 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by computermod14 (Post 1438821)
07 A4 Quattro 2.0

You'll need a Canbus code reader.

Moxey 06-21-2013 09:40 AM

Please help! Im new to this site so please bear with me! I have a Audi A6 tdi saloon all elec windows not working? Dome lights not working? Dash says all doors are open? Checked all fuses a 100 times (fuse "14" 200 times) really wish it was just the fuse14 that was the prob like every body else but it's fine? I haven't checked that thing under the carpet yet but I will when it stops raining, I only bought the car yesterday so I don't know how the fault started the last owner said he thinks it's a relay thingy under the steering wheel behind the fuse box? Also drivers outside door handle is playing up you can get it to open but it takes a lot of time and fiddling I took the door panel off but not completly (wires etc still attached) n sprayed some WD40 on the mechanism still no joy! But now I've replaced the door panel the red light that indicates that the alarm is active doesn't light up I forgot how much fun audi's are to own, BTW its a A6 tdi Quattro v6 saloon 2001 thanks in advance if you have any info that might help!!!

CRAZYHAWK 06-21-2013 10:28 AM

Post this in the A6 Forum.

Originally Posted by Moxey (Post 1438860)
Please help! Im new to this site so please bear with me! I have a Audi A6 tdi saloon all elec windows not working? Dome lights not working? Dash says all doors are open? Checked all fuses a 100 times (fuse "14" 200 times) really wish it was just the fuse14 that was the prob like every body else but it's fine? I haven't checked that thing under the carpet yet but I will when it stops raining, I only bought the car yesterday so I don't know how the fault started the last owner said he thinks it's a relay thingy under the steering wheel behind the fuse box? Also drivers outside door handle is playing up you can get it to open but it takes a lot of time and fiddling I took the door panel off but not completly (wires etc still attached) n sprayed some WD40 on the mechanism still no joy! But now I've replaced the door panel the red light that indicates that the alarm is active doesn't light up I forgot how much fun audi's are to own, BTW its a A6 tdi Quattro v6 saloon 2001 thanks in advance if you have any info that might help!!!

computermod14 06-27-2013 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by CRAZYHAWK (Post 1438854)
You'll need a Canbus code reader.

Thanks for the info. However are you sure that will work? I thought that this device would be for if my check engine light were on...please clarify. Thanks!

tofast2belast 07-03-2013 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by computermod14 (Post 1439433)
Thanks for the info. However are you sure that will work? I thought that this device would be for if my check engine light were on...please clarify. Thanks!

if you still want to meet up i have another cable(if the vagcom does not work) that will work with canbus.