North East ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NJ, NY, PA

Wheels in NY? How big? Forged?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 04:11 PM
1st Gear
Default Wheels in NY? How big? Forged?

Ok I wanna start shopping for rims for the spring. I want something nice. But I've seen forged rims get bent here. They were way too big and had rubberbands for tires but we have some MEAN potholes here. I've got an 01 A6 2.7t... Is my offset the same as the 2.8 A6 and the S4 from similar years? Im not sure what wheels will fit. I have 17's from an allroad on there now with the sport suspension and its a little rougher than normal lux cars but I can definitely deal. I don't know how bad 18's would be. I commute from Yonkers to Fort Lee, so that brings me through some streets in the BX and Washington heights that are really rough sometimes. Even the highways have some deep wide holes. And it SUCKS hitting those. So basically my question is if I go for 18's they need to be forged right? or theyll bend pretty quick? And as far as the 17's can I fit RS4 replicas? S4 replicas? S6 replicas? etc.. thanks in advance guys. And does it pay to get cheaper rims and have a spare ready for the bend or spend ALOT more $$ and get forged? thanks for your opinions. I've been searching and I see 19's on A6's.. but they dont live here. thanks again.

Old 02-27-2007, 11:19 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Wheels in NY? How big? Forged?

BBS are pretty tough! but if you live in the city. i dont suggest anything higher than 17's unless you drive really careful and avoiod every pothole. but that's my opinion

Old 02-28-2007, 11:24 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Wheels in NY? How big? Forged?

Thanks Kristokes. THats the answer I was lookin for someone who has an Audi.. Bigger rims.. AND knows how nasty it can be round here. 17's all the way .