Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

*Official* Spam-Jumpers Winter 2010 Rules/Scoring thread.

Old 11-30-2010, 01:34 PM
Senior Administrator
Cool *Official* Spam-Jumpers Winter 2010 Rules/Scoring thread.

OK, here's ALL you need to know...

ALL transactions concerning this years Winter Games MUST take place in THIS thread, and THIS THREAD ONLY! Not PMs! NOT the "Forum Issues" section... HERE!!!

*Official* Spam-Jumpers Winter 2010 Rules/Scoring thread.-imag0014a.jpg
^this is secone prize, well most of it... A train set AND a laser-level

*Official* Spam-Jumpers Winter 2010 Rules/Scoring thread.-imag0015a.jpg
^this is 1st prize, your choice of any 2 of these 4 3-d Puzzles (I'll list them, along with better pics, later) AND a 150watt car/airplane voltage converter.

I... uhhh... haven't totally decided what 3rd place gets, yet, but it'll be lamer than those, I promise.

Chocalot's also agreed to throw in a free AF bumper-stikkerR for each of the 1st 3 prize winners.

And, there's a remote chance I'll maybe, MAYBE toss in a secret *bonus* prize for 1st throo 4th places. We'll see.

The game STARTS at 0001ZULU (00:01:00 GMT) on 1 December!

How you score:

When you SEE Spam, post below it and you WILL score... Up to a point.
This will work regardless of whether teh Spam is its own thread, or a part of someone elss's thread, BTW. Be 1st (or 2nd, or 3rd, etc.) to post below teh SPAMmerZ.

This year, scorong is ONLY down to tenth place.

1st = 10 pts
2nd = 9 pts
3rd = 8 pts
4th = 7pts
etc.
etc.
10th = 1pt

Post a link to the SPAM POST (not the thread, since I don't wanna hafta go scrolling all *****-nilly, just to find it) back here, in THIS THREAD, and myself or any of the Mods & Admins NOT playing will kill the spam...

***Attn: Mods & Admins NOT playing, when you slam tha Spam, DO NOT delete it! ONLY do a "soft" delete. That leaves a point for me to start scoring from.
Leave the remnants, so I can see where to start scoring from. We all pretty much do that like that, anyway. But, if you're NOT amongst those that do, please leave the Spam. You can ban without deleting the Spam, in case you dint know.

***Also, do not "delete other posts" by this looser, or whatever it says. We want everybod to have as many chances to score as possible, in case they figure out how to chase down other threads Spammers have pposted to.

***IF, I say IF the Spam is in its own thread, please ONLY lock the thread and Ban teh user through teh Admin panel. Again, I need a place to count teh scoring from.

I'll post this part in the Mods & Admins section, too, just in case, but I will ALSO need you to put a date/time-stamp in the "reason" for deleting

That being said, if the Spam DOES somehow manage to get deleted, you'll hafta formally request (from ME, here, in this thread) that it be recovered, or it stays gone, forever.

*********If I've missed or forgotten anything I'll add it back in later. I'm sneaking and doing all this writing, from work, so don't email my boss at: troyisSOfired@lazygovtcontractors.com and tell him what I'm doing, OK?

Last edited by AWDaholic; 11-30-2010 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Clarity... As IF!!!
Old 11-30-2010, 10:11 PM
Super Moderator

Just a quick ? So spam started threads will be locked so only a few may get points on those but a Spam in thread will go till 10 no matter what. Also does exesting spam count? ex spam prior to dec 1 0001z, Say it was posted nov 30th at 1800z can someone still get points?

Old 12-01-2010, 04:29 AM
Senior Administrator

True, true, and yes, they count.

Spam threads get locked (that is how the game was traditionally scored, back N tha day). So, scoring will be limited, in those. Spamorzz useta start their own threads, so it was simpler to do it that way.

However, nowadays, spamorzz are ALL OVA THA PLACE! And they hardly evar start their own threads, anymore. So, the rules evolve. We can't go around locking legitimate threads (well, we CAN, but...), so, more points are up for grabs. Fans were clamoring for higher scoring games, anyway (you shud see all the mail we get at NSJL HQ). We're just giving them what they want.

ANY (active) Spam, no matter how old, is fair game, as long as it hasn't already been deleted. Just remember, you hafta post a link to IT (not the thread, unless it's a thread-starter, that is) back HERE, in THIS STICKY-THREAD, so I can score it.

Highest scorer at the end of the year is the MFWer!

***You CANNOT Spam, and score off your own Spam! (besides, Spamming'll get you banned, so you won't be able to finish the game, anyway)

***You can ONLY score ONCE per spam.

Old 12-01-2010, 06:04 PM
4th Gear
Old 12-01-2010, 06:37 PM
AudiForums WilkommenVagen Direktor
Old 12-01-2010, 09:09 PM
Senior Administrator

Scoring, as of this posting:

02A6Beau = 19pts
BradTyler02 = 10pts

(as a reminder, thred-jacked spamm is open to score ALL THE WAY down to 1 point... Also, this particular spammor had 5 other posts prior to being permanently banned. That's a WHOLE BUNCH MORE POINTS out there... I predict EPIC scoring in this years game, for those industrious few willing to work for it!)

Old 12-01-2010, 09:46 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 02A6Beau
Now do I still get 9 for after ban since it's a running thread?!

Old 12-01-2010, 09:48 PM
Super Moderator
Old 12-01-2010, 10:09 PM
Super Moderator
Old 12-01-2010, 10:18 PM
Super Moderator

Ok... not sure if this counts cuz he was just banned but still has open threads and he LOVES Jeggins... so...
https://www.audiforums.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=160448 Needs lockd
https://www.audiforums.com/forum/sho...50&postcount=2
https://www.audiforums.com/forum/sho...51&postcount=2
https://www.audiforums.com/forum/sho...52&postcount=2
Just saw jazzs post above... I'm hyped for this game!

Last edited by chocalotstarfish; 12-01-2010 at 10:21 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: *Official* Spam-Jumpers Winter 2010 Rules/Scoring thread.