Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: A poll
59.18%
PS3
40.82%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

360 or PS3?

Old 12-21-2007, 01:50 AM
Site Moderator
Default 360 or PS3?

I'll be getting one or the other after Xmas... Forza 2 is serious motivation for me to get a 360, and the fact that I can link up to my PC is bonus too (not sure how much Id use that though). On the other hand, I havent heard of any PS3 electrical problems/recalls as there are with the 360.... Blue ray is nice.... Im comfortable with the controllers on both.... I cant make up my mind... Maybe there is another thread about this, but lets start fresh k? Help! Discuss!

Also.. Ive heard that the 360 will/can/does have tivo capabilities? Is this true now?

Seems like the game selections with an exception of a few are about the same for each.

Old 12-21-2007, 02:03 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: 360 or PS3?

ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee

I'll be getting one or the other after Xmas... Forza 2 is serious motivation for me to get a 360, and the fact that I can link up to my PC is bonus too (not sure how much Id use that though). On the other hand, I havent heard of any PS3 electrical problems/recalls as there are with the 360.... Blue ray is nice.... Im comfortable with the controllers on both.... I cant make up my mind... Maybe there is another thread about this, but lets start fresh k? Help! Discuss!

360... I hate Sony, as they make everything under the sun and don't specialize in any. I am sure before I will die, I will see a set of wheels on the road with the badge Sony on the front grill.

Old 12-21-2007, 02:25 AM
Site Moderator/Ninja

I hate Sony, as they make everything under the sun and don't specialize in any
LOL - doesnt specialize? ever hear of CD's / floppy discs / the walk man / discman / DATs on & on & on...

blu ray is sweet - but waht really sold me was just backwards compatibility.
all my old games arent obsolete & actually upscaled just like ur regular DVDs...

do u have any other game consoles? that might help in ur decision -
u really cant go wrong w/ either - they both have great features & support..
right now the 360 has an advantage since its been out a bit longer...(more games etc)

Old 12-21-2007, 02:59 AM
3rd Gear

XBOX!!!!! Just xbox live makes it better! Click the link and that will make you decide.

https://www.audiforums.com/m_710842/tm.htm

Old 12-21-2007, 07:28 AM
1st Gear

I quit gaming last year (sold ps2 on ebay with all games and called it quits), but from what I read on reviews the 360 is overall better. Of course, I am a Playstaion fan. But the reviews speak better than I. I read this in the local paper maybe 3 weeks ago when they were comparing consoles plus the opinions of freinds. The 360 is just overall better. The only problem they are prone to encounter is the 3 bar thing. But you can purchase a cooling fan to avoid that outcome. But unless you are the type to play the console maybe like 8+ hours straight daily, I very highly doubt you should be concerned.

From the reviews of others and I myself being a playstaiton fan, go with the 360.

Old 12-21-2007, 08:33 AM
2nd Gear

im so glad i dont play video games anymore. last time i got seriously involved was about 6 years ago in college, my sophmore year... Counter Strike.. Awesome game.. they are just way too time consuming and i need to build my business up, so time is $$ for me right now!
doesn't mean i won't play the occasional bowl game on Wii

Old 12-21-2007, 09:24 AM
3rd Gear

They are both both seriously good consoles. I am a PS guy but I also considered Xbox for an instance. Xbox, in my point of view, is more of a hardcore-gamer console. If your only interest is software gaming well then xbox is a solid gaming console. Although you will need that intercooler since it overheats and the 'red ring of death' (means your system is fried) appears. I went with the ps3 tho. Its a much better well-rounded console. I wanted more of an all in one entertainment package and sony delivered the punch straight-on. I play blu-ray movies all the time and they are stunning images (if u get a chance watch into the blue w/ jessica alba...WOW!!!) also you can browse the internet (google, yahoo, AF, etc) purchase stuff....whole bunch of cool features. And the videogames are catching on too. I still play some ps2 games like most wanted midnight club and gta's Modern warfare and pro street are awesome games. So the potential of the ps3 is just being tapped since its cell engine is 2x as powerful. Either choice is good but I chose the ps3 for a more able all around entertainment system. Altho u gotta buy a 1080p tv! You're just wastin ur money if u don't. I got a 60' samsung with 120 ghz and monster hdmi 1000 cable and I can't imagine a better image in the future. Btw the graphics are about the same. If your technically **** the ps3 are a tiny tiny bit better according to ebgames and magazines but I can't tell a difference. So don't sabotage me xbox guys!! A couple of my friends bring over their xbox's n we play halo so I get best of both worlds too. Keep in mind it aint cheap entertainment. With what I've spent in this stuff n home theatre I could have a 10 second car right now!!! Good when u got people ovr and im happy with my ps3.

Btw im 3uro_2nr in prostreet driving a 743bhp RS4. Black/black or a 1021bhp skyline r34 w/ japanese grafitti. So if u ever see me in the starting line MOVE B!TCH!!!

Old 12-21-2007, 10:19 AM
4th Gear

I would go with the xbox because I like racing games more than sports. But Sony has that GT3.

Old 12-21-2007, 11:36 AM
2nd Gear

Yeah Fvck Forza 2 Gran Tourismo is going to come out in 09 a blow all other driving sims out of the water. PS3 is the way to go it stumbled after launch due to lack of games but it is starting to catch up. And X-box live requires a subscription and monthly fee (fees vary on which online package you opt for). PS3 online is free you have the option to purchase things like movies and games via the online ps store but there are also a ton of free game demos and movie trailers. Plus HOME is coming out soon and i believe it is free and I know it will be super sick. Blue Ray is also an awsome dvd format (although I wont say that is going to win the war with HD I believe it has the edge) I agree with euro you will eventually need to get a 1080p b/c the graphics are unreal. You dont need one right away though you will still be able to see a big difference in a SD or 720 tv. Also there are not a ton of games that can run fully on1080p YET. I played alot of XBOX in college and it is nice it has a huge game library and microsoft will eventually take over the world so it has that going for it. But IMHO you should go with a PS3

Old 12-21-2007, 11:40 AM
4th Gear

ive seen both... both are good, some have games the others dont... however, i have loved my xboxs and will continue to back them up... for examle COD4 was better i thought i xbox then ps3... i also like xbox controllers better..idk why but i do

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 360 or PS3?