Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aaaargggh

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 10:35 AM
Administrator
Default Aaaargggh

Ok I need to just unload this on somebody, and you poor ******** are the unlucky winners of the contest. At my apartment complex there is a visitor's lot, its down by the access road, just off rt. 7 in falls church. Thats where the VISITORS are supposed to park, hence the name. Well, my spoiled GF refuses to park there because its about a 500 yd. walk up hill to my apartment. I've been tellin her since i moved in not to park by my place, but she doesn't listen. Sure enough last night, her car gets pinched. Anyone care to guess who's fault that was? MINE.

So then its on me to play phone tag for a half hour, called the local PD as well as a hand full of towing companies. Finally find her car (a 2008 Avenger that her parents bought and paid for) at an impound lot in Fairfax. If any of you are familiar with the area, Falls Church isn't anywhere close to Fairfax. So I call the place, she's on the phone with the guy trying to get directions, being a total bitch to him the whole time. I keep asking her to get an address because i have a GPS, it'll be faster, easier, and less aggravating. But she "knows the area" and "knows how to get there", so of course i get over ruled. Sure enough we get lost. Wanna know who's fault THAT was? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? My fault again.

So I grab the phone, get an address, find the place, park in the lot. Its pouring rain this entire time mind you. So she refuses to get outta the car, doesn't want to get wet. So I get out, get drenched, PAY FOR HER CAR, because she can't afford to get it out of impound because she spent too much money drinking in Florida last weekend. Then she makes me drive my car into the garage where hers is so she doesn't have to walk through the rain to get it. As an added kick in the nuts, as we're leaving the impound lot, i drive through a HUGE pot hole/puddle, and one of my HID's goes out.

So after all that BS, she wants to go out to dinner. Its like 11:30, we go to Applebee's, get home, and she keeps me up until 2am talking about getting married:
"well when are you gonna get married?"
"what's the girl going to be like?"
"is it going to be me?"
"do you love me?"
"do you just love me or are you IN love with me?"

So I pulled a blanket over my head, rolled over and fell asleep. I'm now tired, cranky, and at work, very seriously considering becoming single in the not-to-distant future. I can't deal with her spoiled sense of entitlement anymore. And I can't deal with paying for her **** all the time because she can't keep a budget.

/Rant

Old 07-24-2009, 11:06 AM

Sounds like one shitty day. Did you get the HID back on?

Old 07-24-2009, 11:19 AM
Administrator

Nope I haven't messed with it yet, it'll have to wait until tomorrow. I'm hoping its just a blown bulb or fuse or something and not the ballast :-\

Old 07-24-2009, 02:30 PM
Administrator

Damn! She sounds so effing spoiled. I'm surprised you put up with that stuff bro! I'm proud of you.

Hope the HID won't require a lot of money to fix. Stock HID's or aftermarket?

Old 07-24-2009, 02:44 PM
Administrator

Aftermarket; 8000k kit from VVME. Its not going to be terribly expensive to fix, I just don't wanna have to tear it all apart again, the install is only 3 weeks old.

Old 07-24-2009, 03:19 PM
5th Gear

That girl needs to be dumped. Pronto.

Hopefully you didn't douse the ballast with the splash from the puddle. That'd be game over for that one.
VVME is good for replacement parts though, iirc. When buying cheap aftermarket stuff, though, honestly makes sense just to buy a 2nd kit to pillage for parts when you need them.

Old 07-24-2009, 03:31 PM
Administrator

That shouldn't be too expensive of a fix.

Where did you locate the ballast? Hope it's not the ballast though.

Old 07-24-2009, 05:11 PM
5th Gear

Old 07-24-2009, 05:41 PM
6th Gear

She sounds like a keeper.

not, she's too spoiled

Old 07-24-2009, 07:12 PM

Yea, that will only get worse if you get married. TRUST ME.