Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

abacab, audiholic, any1, rescue me

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 02:10 AM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP
Default abacab, audiholic, any1, rescue me

low balled em with offer of 49 on 05 s4 cab (5000mi.), prem, bose, heated seats, bbs wheels. they lowerd price from 53999 to 52900. wouldnt even counter. said it was not fair to the company and i should reconsider. dont want to just roll over. (they think im Mr. Kelly) so obviously i need some "manly advise". what would you do. help me out here. seriously, guys, i want the car.

Old 07-14-2005, 02:15 AM
5th Gear
Default RE: abacab, audiholic, any1, rescue me

have you tried telling them you found a similar S4 for 50-52k at another dealership? (if you try this one be prepared to dish out a few details, whether you're BSing or not, just have something to say when they ask where and other similar questions)

Old 07-14-2005, 02:59 AM
Senior Administrator

Yeah! I was just about to say that, too. Tell them you found one with the same options (it'd help if you got a list of the options for the car the have AND, if you started referring to me as AWDaholic I bet they'd drop, like, $500.00 off instantly!)... Sorry! Got side tracked. So, find out the options so you can sound like you know what you're talking about. Then, tell 'em you found one with ALMOST the exact same ooptions but in a color you'd rather not have if you could make a deal with them. Then, tell 'em it's got 1500 FEWER miles and the "other" place is coming in at 51,5.

See, here's the deal-ee-O! If you were to order an optioned out '05 S4 STRAIGHT from the factory you'd pay somewhere around 54,5 (gove or take, title/tax/license not included) and it's prolly gonna have ONLY 300-500 miles on it. They've demo'd THAT one around with Gramma Tate; Cousin Billy-bob; 3-4 Teen-aged punks who's rents have too much muny and not enough sense; the clowns who work at the joint and needed some wheels for a weekend to impress some tramp w/a-scrochin'-case-of-crabs; and who knows WHO ALL ELSE!!!!! All to the tune of 5K miles, so far, more by the time you work out a deal with theese mooks. And they want to tryN get you to pay as CLOSE to full retail as they can get. You wanna tryN get them as close to 50K as "WE" can manage ( you owe us a rride if you manage to gettem under 51, BTW, and another ride in the car, too) If you can casually workk in the bold text above into your next conversation with them that'd help, too.

Old 07-14-2005, 04:05 AM
1st Gear

if they cut the price once, they will cut the price again.

if they really want your sale, they will do what needs to be done to make it happen.

do not bend over for them. you are the one in control, and make sure they know that.

and be willing to walk away multiple times, if you are walking away and they throw you a better deal, sit down and continue bardering with them, make them lower the price again. they cut the price once, they will cut it again.

Old 07-14-2005, 11:03 AM
2nd Gear

I would DEFINATLY make them come down to what you want. 5,000 miles on an 05? Like was mentioned earlier, that is WAY to much joyriding. And do you really think they took the time and care to "break it in"? I doubt it. I know the break in period is not everything, but there is a reason the manufacturer recommends it.

Old 07-14-2005, 11:20 AM
2nd Gear

Kelly, tell them the price you want to give them and be like i'm walking out with that car and my price and like Bent said tell them you found it they will be forced to lower the price becase the dealership is instantly making 2,000$ off the car either way they sell it

Old 07-14-2005, 11:23 AM
2nd Gear

I just did a search in Autotrader.com for 2005 S4 cabs....the price range dealers are asking is from $55k to $52,500...these were cars with 1000-5000 miles.

So it may be that is what the going 'asking' price is. But I also noticed listings from multiple dealers that still had new 05 S4 Cabs.
I say that there is going to be a downward price trend on these cars and you should stick firm on your price. It costs them money to let that car sit there.

One suggestion is to run a carfax on the car or better yet get the dealer to run one for you...tell them you want to see the carfax. Among other things it will tell you how long the car has been for sale. This is powerful information because if it has been for sale for anything like 3 months, you can use that in your negotiation. The longer it sits, the better for you.

The inventory of available 05 cabs is going to grow, and it will drop the price point. But you have to be patient.

Old 07-14-2005, 11:34 AM
2nd Gear

o yea Kelly you said this S4 is in Atlanta right?, well give me some info and directions of where they are located. i'll pay them a little visit

Old 07-14-2005, 06:48 PM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

thanks everyone. i really appreciate it. AWDaholic, you make me laugh. quite an imagination, never a dull moment. thanks abacab, i did that research too. i wanna pay 51, im willin to pay 52. i want to get counter offers going. this all happened last nite. will wait with no response today so i dont appear to anxious. i got the fax on 7/12 one owner, local, personal use so i hope its been broken in properly.

Old 07-14-2005, 07:06 PM
3rd Gear

you gotta make the dealer think..when i went to check out my 200 1.8t quattro with some options the dealer wantee 18.5 got it down to 16....the trick was walking out....making them feel like shiz...cuz he had told us one price then antohter guy told us another...and we hung up on them...then they called back with a better price.....play the game a bit

--E