Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone from tne NY- Long Island area? Good places to speed?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 03:33 PM
2nd Gear
Default Anyone from tne NY- Long Island area? Good places to speed?

As most of you know I don't really support people racing at retarded speeds at anywhere but the safest roads. Would anyone know any very desolate areas in LI where I could really open up the throttle without having to worry about cops? I was thinking about driving down the Meadowbrook way down by Jones Beach, doing 2 runs 1 to look for cops then go back to the turnaround at90-100 sometime from 2-5 am. What are my risks for getting busted?

Old 01-21-2007, 04:26 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Anyone from tne NY- Long Island area? Good places to speed?

nah man. route 66 is what we have in the US for the most part other than the race tracks and such

Old 01-21-2007, 06:35 PM
Site Moderator

What kind of car do you own? I was under the impression that you were to young to drive, let alone don't own an audi? And don't you know how many cops are turning to the internet these days for leads to an arrest? I cant believe you just not only gave the specific Road/area you are going to break the law on, but at what time of the day?!!?! If you pay any attention to the news, and how cops are using the net for leads, you would know your chances ofgetting bustedare increasing by the day... Especially when you go advertising it to the public.

Old 01-21-2007, 07:18 PM
2nd Gear

like you said, the meadowbrook is good
the robert moses causeway its pretty nice, as well as the wantagh and southern state

all depends on the time of night, and how long you intend to drive fast... if you just going to do a few pulls to check out a new mod, youll be fine, but if youre trying to see how long you can drive at the governor, then no matter where you go its A BAD IDEA

Old 01-22-2007, 10:20 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee

What kind of car do you own? I was under the impression that you were to young to drive, let alone don't own an audi? And don't you know how many cops are turning to the internet these days for leads to an arrest? I cant believe you just not only gave the specific Road/area you are going to break the law on, but at what time of the day?!!?! If you pay any attention to the news, and how cops are using the net for leads, you would know your chances ofgetting bustedare increasing by the day... Especially when you go advertising it to the public.
You have a point but I never disclosed the date and gave a pretty big timeframe to do this. In order to bust me they'd have to setup a unit I wouldn't be able to see on my first pass but would be able to leap out and bust me. And it could take over a month before I even decide to do it sitting out there all night on a basically barren road. And all this for a 100 mph speeding ticket? I don't think the NYS Police are that desperate.

Old 01-22-2007, 10:24 PM
Site Moderator

Cool glad youve got a plan. So what kind of car you gunna do it in?

Old 01-23-2007, 01:41 AM
2nd Gear

in my area, sunday nights at around 2-6 am theres no cops on highways, i know some stretches of road, but sometimes they dont wait for you to speed by, like during the day and you can whizz by a regular night patrol

Old 01-23-2007, 01:58 AM
1st Gear

i live in huntington LI ... me and couple of guys usually race on the LIE service road. Never really any cops. Nother spot is street called West Rogues Path by the train tracks near Walt Whitman HS near 110 and jerichoe

Old 01-23-2007, 11:50 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: votblindub

in my area, sunday nights at around 2-6 am theres no cops on highways, i know some stretches of road, but sometimes they dont wait for you to speed by, like during the day and you can whizz by a regular night patrol
Which is why I plan to do it heading towards the turn around after doing a full pass. Is there any other route they could acess the highway from?

ORIGINAL: SouRce4

i live in huntington LI ... me and couple of guys usually race on the LIE service road. Never really any cops. Nother spot is street called West Rogues Path by the train tracks near Walt Whitman HS near 110 and jerichoe
Ok now were starting to disclosetoomuchpersonal information. Please edit those street namesout of your post unless you want to take more risks.

Old 01-23-2007, 01:35 PM
1st Gear

*quitely forwards to NYSP*

Dude, you're being a tool. Really, go on the highway, do your pulls, and back off. Coming on a car forum and asking where to speed is a stupid thing to do. There is a forum you might fit in though (see below) where they appreciate illegal activity because they are under the impression they have something to prove.

http://www.honda-tech.com/

Quick Reply: Anyone from tne NY- Long Island area? Good places to speed?