Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ask a Cop

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 02:17 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by AWDaholic
I cannot speak for all the Admins & Mods but, I, for one, will be MUCH LESS TOLERANT of flames, hate-speak, anti-cop-ed-ness, and general @$$holery here, than I am in general.

Keep it clean(er than you do elsewhere on AF) and I promise not to delete your posts.
dang I had some good ones lined up too....not hate-speak though, mostly donut questions

Anyway, welcome cop don't have any specific questions for you now, but I am enjoying the thread

Old 05-18-2010, 03:52 PM
Senior Administrator

Originally Posted by SlackJaw
dang I had some good ones lined up too....not hate-speak though, mostly donut questions

Anyway, welcome cop don't have any specific questions for you now, but I am enjoying the thread
Donut questins are PERFECTLY VALID, AFAIK

Donut statements such as: "Bad Cop... NO DONUT!!!" may be deleted, depending on how much of a sense of humor AAC has, any given day

Old 05-18-2010, 04:02 PM
2nd Gear

I have a great question, but this might not be answerable based on what he said he wouldn't give answers too.

I was told that all cops press their hand on the back of a car, so that if I kill a cop, and run away, they can ID the vehicle by his hand print later. I thought that was a myth, until I witnessed a cop approach and touch the back bumper of a car first.

My other thought was that he was just checking to make sure the bumper is locked, because for safety reasons, someone could be hiding in there and jump out at him.

I'm just curious, is it both or just one? I've probably seen about 3 cops in now do the palm to the trunk thing.

Old 05-18-2010, 04:08 PM
Senior Administrator

Originally Posted by AskAcop

A felony take down as they are referred to in my area, consist of pulling you over, staying at my car and ordering you out of the car at gun point.
In the Metro DC area there are MORE Cop-entities than you guys could possibly imagine. MPDC, DSS, USPS, FSS, USPP, and maybe a half-a-dozen more. ALL with guns & motoralas, and NUTHIN BETTER TO DO than take down an ambiguously ethnic brown-person drivin an A8 WITHOUT A LICENSE PLATE!!!

3 felony stops in 2 weeks!

2 others that weren't FULL felony, but pretty close.

Fortunately, I am very used to DWB, so, for those that aren't, here's what you DO, if you want to not get shot at a felony stop:

1) Remain calm

2) Turn OFF your engine

3) {if at night} Turn ON your interior lights

4) Keep your hands ON the steering wheel {until directed to do otherwise}

5) Do not speak, other than to directly answer questions

6) Do NOT make any SUDDEN MOVES, in ANY DIRECTION, for ANY REASON whatsoever

7) Do EVERYTHING the nice Officer(s) with the service weapon(s) pointed directly at your head tells you to do {keeping in mind rule #6, above}

8) If they decide to POUND ON YOU, go ahead and take it, hoping some innocent by-stander is recording it, so you can sue, later {remember to offer the nice person who recorded your beat-down a reasonable fee for "volunteering" their recording of the episode}

Follow those simple steps and you will survive to come back here and b1tch about those f**king cops, and, I guarantee also that you will not end up on that TV show, either!

Old 05-18-2010, 05:06 PM
Administrator

In the Metro DC area there are MORE Cop-entities than you guys could possibly imagine. MPDC, DSS, USPS, FSS, USPP, and maybe a half-a-dozen more.
DHS, USSS, FBI Uniformed Div, the list goes on...

ALL with guns & motoralas, and NUTHIN BETTER TO DO than take down an ambiguously ethnic brown-person drivin an A8 WITHOUT A LICENSE PLATE!!!
ROFL xD

Old 05-18-2010, 06:12 PM
2nd Gear

There are advantages to being white. Nough said.

Old 05-18-2010, 08:49 PM
1st Gear

Donut questins are PERFECTLY VALID, AFAIK

Donut statements such as: "Bad Cop... NO DONUT!!!" may be deleted, depending on how much of a sense of humor AAC has, any given day
To answer the question, Dunkin' doughnuts and as AWDaholic knows I love the chocolate cream stick

Originally Posted by mikekey
I have a great question, but this might not be answerable based on what he said he wouldn't give answers too.

I was told that all cops press their hand on the back of a car, so that if I kill a cop, and run away, they can ID the vehicle by his hand print later. I thought that was a myth, until I witnessed a cop approach and touch the back bumper of a car first.

My other thought was that he was just checking to make sure the bumper is locked, because for safety reasons, someone could be hiding in there and jump out at him.

I'm just curious, is it both or just one? I've probably seen about 3 cops in now do the palm to the trunk thing.
I think this is a reasonable question, I myself have never heard of the 1st one. I was trained to do it to check and make sure the trunk is shut and also to feel if say a kid or child trapped in the trunk might be kicking and be able to feel it.

In the Metro DC area there are MORE Cop-entities than you guys could possibly imagine. MPDC, DSS, USPS, FSS, USPP, and maybe a half-a-dozen more. ALL with guns & motoralas, and NUTHIN BETTER TO DO than take down an ambiguously ethnic brown-person drivin an A8 WITHOUT A LICENSE PLATE!!!

3 felony stops in 2 weeks!

2 others that weren't FULL felony, but pretty close.

Fortunately, I am very used to DWB, so, for those that aren't, here's what you DO, if you want to not get shot at a felony stop:

1) Remain calm

2) Turn OFF your engine

3) {if at night} Turn ON your interior lights

4) Keep your hands ON the steering wheel {until directed to do otherwise}

5) Do not speak, other than to directly answer questions

6) Do NOT make any SUDDEN MOVES, in ANY DIRECTION, for ANY REASON whatsoever

7) Do EVERYTHING the nice Officer(s) with the service weapon(s) pointed directly at your head tells you to do {keeping in mind rule #6, above}

8) If they decide to POUND ON YOU, go ahead and take it, hoping some innocent by-stander is recording it, so you can sue, later {remember to offer the nice person who recorded your beat-down a reasonable fee for "volunteering" their recording of the episode}

Follow those simple steps and you will survive to come back here and b1tch about those f**king cops, and, I guarantee also that you will not end up on that TV show, either!
Good tips for playing it safe! A good video for "How not to get your *** kicked by the police!" (please note I do not condone this video just thought I'd share.

Last edited by AskAcop; 05-18-2010 at 08:52 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:01 PM
Administrator

Name:  2425121831_bb639583d8.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  31.1 KB

Old 05-18-2010, 09:51 PM
Senior Administrator

I'll jump in with an actual question, too...

I've noticed that, more and more lately, when doing traffic stops, LEO's angle their front ends out a bit, when stopped behind the perp. I assume this is to provide a modicum of protection, shud some clueless-clyde drift off the edge and strike the cruiser it will (hopefully) deflect said moroon away from the ossifers tender bits. Is this new doctrine? Or, just a few using their hat-racks for more than just a place to keep their smokey-bear?

Old 05-18-2010, 10:01 PM
Senior Administrator

Originally Posted by CCA4
DHS, USSS, FBI Uniformed Div, the list goes on...

The one that always struck ME as odd is the USPP, the U.S. Postal Police... Mail Carriers with GUNS