Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

audi crap we hear alot

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 09:57 PM
1st Gear
Cool audi crap we hear alot

You know how every body says that Audis are crap because they break so much and it costs a buck to fix them, than why bother buying an audi if you think its gonna be a paine in your a**. I was just wondering that, i m on my 4 th audi already and the bigger thing i did it cv shafts which only took me about 3 hours. So whats the point of buying and Audi if it "breaks alot"???

Old 09-12-2008, 10:19 PM

basically, I have had my car for almost 2 years....I bought it for 6.5K and have since put almost 10k into the car on top of that....

my car as of right now runs well (has a small coolant leak at the backside of the motor that needs fixin....and I need an all wheel alignment (just did lower control arms today)

the car will never make a whole lot of sense financially....but it has many other rewards...like the week long smile you have after an auto-x event......or ripping through a snowstorm passing everyone with ease....or the way it makes anything you park next to look like ****....lol

the car has at times been a time consuming financial burden (i am a middle school teacher paying his way through university(so money is never fantastic anyways))....

in the end, I have no spite....many good times have been had with my audi and there are many many many more to come

one sidenote....although I have spent thousands in maintenance.....it was all preventative maintenance, I have never been broken down and stranded on the side of the road...I am very **** about my car and tend to fix things before they become a problem....

so...to sum all that up....I bite the maintenance bullet because the car keeps a smile on my face....I just simply love my car and can't see myself without it....I <3 MY AUDI!!!

Old 09-12-2008, 10:23 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by millenia
So whats the point of buying and Audi if it "breaks alot"???
This one is easy. They have never been behind the wheel of one.

Old 09-12-2008, 10:50 PM
1st Gear

That's what i think too. Like they give you crap, but if you treat it right it wont give you problems. I know a guy who was using 87 in his 2004 a6 s-line and he started having problems with the car. Brought to a dealer and cost him around 1300 buks to fix but he had factory warranty on it. I dont remember what it was. But i know they had to change some sensors. It all depends on the owner i think. Well i'm selling my a6. Looking to get an 2004 audi a8 for the winter.

Old 09-12-2008, 10:57 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by millenia
That's what i think too. Like they give you crap, but if you treat it right it wont give you problems. I know a guy who was using 87 in his 2004 a6 s-line and he started having problems with the car. Brought to a dealer and cost him around 1300 buks to fix but he had factory warranty on it. I dont remember what it was. But i know they had to change some sensors. It all depends on the owner i think. Well i'm selling my a6. Looking to get an 2004 audi a8 for the winter.
dude, you're only in C'use? I used to live in Liverpool and the GF is from there. We go there every few weeks. A8? Too big for me. I knowthe winters here and my 6 ROCKED the V-Day storm two years ago. You live in cuse full time?

Old 09-12-2008, 11:31 PM
1st Gear

yea, in the summer i wholesale cars for my dad, so getting involved in auto bussines

Old 09-12-2008, 11:34 PM
2nd Gear

well, as I said I'm up that way a quite often. We should get together some time when I'm up that way. Since you do what you do ... keep an eye out for parts for a 95 A6q.. please ....

Old 09-13-2008, 12:17 AM
4th Gear

stupid people with too much money and not enough sense buy them then f*** them up and then hate on it and eventually sell it to an enthusist eventaully fixes the previous owners douchbagery to make a very nice and in many cases better then OEM car.

Old 09-13-2008, 12:47 AM
Site Moderator

I love my audi, even more than my 94 twin turbo supra that i used to own. A person that hasn't driven one just won't understand the joy you get from driving such a well engineered car, even if its a old 12V, its leap and bounds beyond cars of its time.
Just as the audi slogan says: "Its better to lead then follow"

Old 09-13-2008, 03:05 PM
1st Gear

Audis are awesome the only problem and complaint I hear the most where I live which is true..is the weight of newer Audis, they get smashed on by lighter muslce cars and such..

Quick Reply: audi crap we hear alot