Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Audi and VW owners...

Old 07-17-2005, 04:57 PM
Default Audi and VW owners...

This is the tightest community to belong to... just owning the car. Audi and VW owners are a special group.... More so with Audi than VW. When I drive and see over A4's or S4's... people will just wave or give a thumbs up because they belong to the same group... its super tight. ****... I do the same and my girlfriend thinks Im a dumbass when I do that. Ill see a Scirocco or a Corrado and give them a thumbs up... (I just think my girlfriend is jealous because she drives a Corolla S and there is no bond between other Corolla's.)

I dont see that happening with BMW or with Mercs... my Dad used to own a C280 and all I would get were glares from other Mercedes owners because I was so young... the "You shouldnt be driving that" look.

Never once got that with the Audi; even though I am much older now.

I just wanted to say this is a great community we belong too...

Old 07-17-2005, 05:32 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Audi and VW owners...

You'll probably find it is the same with all 'respectable' motors. It was the same in my tubby, Astra, and my mates GT4, and others decent cars... These type cars tend to get people who are enthusiasts, rather than just using them to get from a to b...

Old 07-17-2005, 11:38 PM
2nd Gear

i totally agree man... audi owners just like automatically respect other audi owners, its really cool

Old 07-18-2005, 12:09 AM
2nd Gear

That's how I am too. I might pull up next to one at a light and I might strike up a conversation ("What exhaust is that, Nice wheels, etc."). I agree with you, we are a pretty tight group.

Old 07-18-2005, 12:43 AM
1st Gear

Yes to everything that's been said. Although I have met at least one nice Mercedes owner. Myself and a newer SLK took off from a light once and when we caught the next light he complimented me on how well I kept up.

Old 07-18-2005, 12:48 AM
3rd Gear

Motorbiking types always seem to go on about how its a 'bike thing', and they nod and wave at each other, and car drivers wouldn't understand, but I think there is a lot of respect out there between enthusiasts, whichever spectrum they come from.

Old 07-18-2005, 03:17 AM
Administrator

people buy audi.. because its an audi.. people buy BMW and Mercs... because its a status symbol.. find me an Audi owner that doesnt appreciate the Audi.. you cant! but you can find an Mercs owner and ask them.. what kinda engine you got.. and you will most likely get " I dunno, but it cost a lot" LMAO thats how it is

Old 07-18-2005, 03:20 AM
Administrator

ya we are different from MBenz drivers but i think there are alot of serious BMW drivers that kno their stuff

Old 07-18-2005, 03:24 AM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: PandaXpress

ya we are different from MBenz drivers but i think there are alot of serious BMW drivers that kno their stuff
na, there's just a lot of bmw drivers in general, so there are a lot that know their stuff...but a clueless bmw driver is just as common as a clueless mercedes driver

Old 07-18-2005, 03:31 AM
Administrator

theres more 3serise then anything else but most they are driven by gurls that are clueless

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Audi and VW owners...