Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Auto Source Extended Warranty - STEER CLEAR

Old 02-21-2014, 09:39 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by sankara
So last Sunday I am driving my bone stock S4 and notice that I no longer get consistent boost. I am thinking OK - its just a blown/torn hose. I take the car to my local Audi certified mechanic and they pull it apart to find out one turbo is blown the other is on the way out.

Thankfully I bought a Extended warranty and paid extra for Audi + AWD + Turbo coverage from AutoSource of America LLC. First item on the warranty states - covered repairs on all internally lubricated parts. Warranty company hires some inspector to come out and look to make sure my mechanic isn't just trying to help me.

Fast forward from Monday when the claim is filed to Thursday when the claim is denied - the reason is its a wear and tear part not covered even though I paid for it extra to be covered. They say both the inspector and the mechanic told them its a normal wear and tear item and those arent covered in the policy. I am beyond foaming mad at this point. The repairs are around $6000 and the car is not drivable the way it is.

Warranty is AutoSource of America: Extended Service Plans

I now find out that in order for this warranty company to cover ANY engine mechanical failure the engine block has to literally crack in half and fall apart while working.

Lesson learned: STAY AWAY FROM THESE F###S !!
sorry brother but they are right which sucks cause u have to read the contract carefully.
only the internal lubricated parts are covered. so if u were doing periodic maintence and u found those parts were going bad, then they would of covered it. but instead the turbo blew. in the audi manual, they tell u the recommend maintenance for the engine to live long. i know cause i went thru the same **** with them n got my uncle involved (a lawyer).
"►Turbo/Supercharger: (only with Applicable Surcharge) The following internal lubricated parts: vanes, shafts, bearings, and housing (if damaged by the failure of a covered part). Seals and gaskets are covered only in conjunction with a covered repair. Turbo/Supercharger must be factory installed for this coverage to apply. Coverage limited to above named components."

Old 04-01-2018, 01:33 PM
1st Gear

DSR Leasing is very good agency for car leasing. Please check them at least once. My cousin leased a car from them & i'm fully satisfied with them. https://dsrleasing.com/car-listings/...-lease-369-mo/. Also they offer lease end protection program that you might be interested, https://dsrleasing.com/lease-end-protection/.